Eagles Plan To Stick With Nick Foles Over Michael Vick At Quarterback

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Philadelphia Eagles rookie quarterback Nick Foles struggled last night going 16-of-33 for 182 yards with a touchdown and an interception for a 62.9 quarterback rating. He was also credited with a lost fumble.

Michael Vick has been cleared for a return by an independent neurologist and could be available Week 16 against the Redskins, but Eagles coach Andy Reid said, “I’m going to stick with Nick,â€￾ Tim McManus of Phillymag.com reports.

Source: The Redzone

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Smart move for the organization...

3. VICK#7

VICK#7 BANNED

Vick gives the team the best chance to win. another bad decision by Andy reid just like his play calling.

4. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Michael Vick is that you?!

5. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

see what you got with Foles. Can't be much worse than Vick was and is cheaper. I see the team getting blown up after this season.

6. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/0ap2000000112980/Vick-I-got-a-lot-left-in-my-tank]Micheal Vick: 'I got a lot left in my tank' - NFL Videos[/ame]

7. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

The Eagles season is almost as over as Vicks career

When was the last time Vick was effective?

Sent from my HTC Vivid

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I've seen more promise of being a quality NFL quarterback in one series of football from our third round rookie QB than I have in, really, Vick's entire career (save for the insane mirage that was the 2010 season). The man can make calls at the line, knows his hot routes, is actually more fluid in the pocket than Vick has been the last two years... adios, muchacho.

9. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I still don't see how people say that this team is going to get "blown up." Think about it.

O-Line. Almost the ENTIRE O-Line is hurt. If Jason Peters doesn't get hurt and guys stay healthy this is a WHOLE different season.

Running Back. Shady is a year removed from 17 TD's and over 1k rushing. With him and Bryce Brown, we're set.

Wide Receiver. Jackson, Maclin, Avant, Cooper. We're fine there. Wouldn't mind bringing in another BIG target but I'm happy.

Tight End. Brent Celek and Clay Harbor can make things happen.

QB. Meh. I think Nick Foles has the talent/ability to be a very good QB in this league. Maybe not Tom or Pay Pay, but not bad at all.

Now the defense, that's where we need work. Our D-Line and LB's aren't the worst but we could DEFINITELY upgrade. However, our safety's and Db's look lost WAY too often.

That being said, no need to "blow the team up." A few moves plus a new coaching staff and I think we're back on track!

10. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

my bad. meant to say the defense. your offense is pretty much set.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

Yeah they go 8-8