Peyton Manning, Broncos Dismantle Browns 34-12

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Dec 23, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Peyton Manning finished with a season-high 339 yards passing and three touchdowns on 30-of-43 efficiency, as the Denver Broncos won their 10th straight game with a 34-12 decision over the Cleveland Browns on Sunday.

Demaryius Thomas posted 102 yards and a score on nine receptions and Eric Decker added two TD receptions among his six catches for 65 yards for the Broncos (12-3), who have put together their first double-digit win streak since beginning the Super Bowl season of 1998 with 13 consecutive victories.

Knowshon Moreno totaled 78 yards on 22 carries and Jacob Hester added a touchdown run as Denver kept pace with AFC South leader Houston in the race for the top seed in the conference.

"We'll be putting all our focus and attention to Kansas City to finish out the regular season and then the chips will fall where they are," Denver coach John Fox said.

Brandon Weeden left the game in the third quarter with a right shoulder injury, having completed 12-of-19 passes for 104 yards for the Browns (5-10), who hit double-digit defeats for the fifth straight season and 11th time since returning to Cleveland in 1999.

"(The Broncos) did a good job holding on to (the ball) and driving the ball like they do," said Cleveland coach Pat Shurmur.

Colt McCoy finished 9-of-17 for 79 yards and Cleveland's lone end zone excursion, a six-yard pass to Greg Little.

Source: Sports Network

2. SRW

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000115912/Browns-vs-Broncos-highlights]Cleveland Browns vs. Denver Broncos highlights - NFL Videos[/ame]

3. SRW

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/chicago-bears/0ap2000000115932/Bears-postgame-press-conference]Bears postgame press conference - NFL Videos[/ame]

4. SRW

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000116137/GameDay-Browns-vs-Broncos-highlights]GameDay: Cleveland Browns vs. Denver Broncos highlights - NFL Videos[/ame]

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

the broncos are completely flying under the radar. no one is talking about them it seems, yet they appear to me to be one of the most complete teams in the nfl.

6. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

They've beaten 2 teams with winning records all year.

7. CaptainStubing

um, so have the patriots, yet everyone seems to think they're the best team in the league................. the pats have only beaten 3

yep, i just looked at their schedules and the pats and broncos have equally easy schedules and the one difference is their head to head match-up, which i would like to see again now that the broncos have had more time to gel. the pats got them when in peyton's 5th game with the team.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  8. Steve12

Hey that's more than 2.

9. CaptainStubing

well, the one extra win is their head to head match, which was peyton's 5th game with the broncos. are you confident the pats will be able to beat the broncos again in the playoffs, this time in mile high stadium?

10. Steve12

Screw yes. None of the AFC teams really worry me. I'm just glad were not in the NFC, and that the giants aren't getting in.

11. CaptainStubing

yep, the afc is easier to get through for sure. i'm betting the nfc will win yet another SB. they are just head and shoulders above the AFC and will be battle tested by the time the SB happens.

12. SRW

Broncos are peaking at the right time. Their offense has hit it's stride and that defense is dominant. Right now they are the best team in the AFC over the Texans and Patriots IMO.