Clark Hunt Says 'No Final Determination Made' On GM Scott Pioli's Status

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Dec 31, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Chiefs fired coach Romeo Crennel today but general manager Scott Pioli, who has been under scrutiny for the Chiefs’ 23-41 record for the past four years, will retain his position, Randy Covitz of the Kansas City Star reports. But Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt said in a statement that the entire football operation will remain under review and no final determination has been made about Pioli’s job status.

“I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for Romeo, both personally and professionally,†Hunt said in a statement. “He is an accomplished coach, a man of great character and he helped guide our football team through some extremely challenging circumstances this season.

“However, I am embarrassed by the poor product we gave our fans this season, and I believe we have no choice but to move the franchise in a different direction. I will immediately begin the search for the next head coach of the Chiefs. The entire football operation will remain under review, and there may be additional changes to come. …

“Finally, I want to personally apologize to our fans for our performance this season. We are blessed to play for some of the best and most passionate fans in the National Football League and they deserve better than what we gave them this season. I want our fans to know that I will do everything I can to provide them with a dramatically better team — both next season and in the seasons to come – and our entire organization appreciates their support.â€

Source: The Redzone

2. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

The best apology is a house cleaning.

3. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

That always works with the wife too.

4. SRW

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/0ap2000000120552/Hunt-discusses-future-changes-in-KC]Clark Hunt discusses future changes in Kansas City - NFL Videos[/ame]

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

anyone else notice that clark hunt says that he is actually going to hire the head coach himself and the head coach will report to him. apparently clark thinks that he will just keep pioli around to run the business side and clark is wanting to run the football side.

this is just getting worse for chiefs fans. clark hunt doesn't know crap about football. the chiefs are heading into a very dark period for many years. this will be a mike brown/jerry jones situation and chiefs fans will very quickly develop a large hatred for clark hunt.

6. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I think he'll hire the coach, but if Pioli is working on te other side, I'd expect them to choose a coach that will get full control.

7. CaptainStubing

point is, clark is going to pick the guy that's going to run everything in his football operation and clark doesn't know crap about football. it is not a good approach.

8. SRW

One hopes it's not the case of the rich kid running amok with what daddy built but the signs aren't good....

9. Spiman2u

Spiman2u Chiefs fan no matter what

:an*l: That works for the wife. I"M Skared..right now. I wish the team was for sale..Or let my Athletics baseball team run my football team!

10. CaptainStubing

well, apparently Pioli was sitting in on the interviews with koetter and armstrong so everyone around k.c. is pretty much resigned to the fact that pioli is staying.

this is apparently steadman/schaaf/peterson all over again.