Royal Rumble

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by TheDuke, Dec 17, 2012.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

[​IMG]
    Sunday, January 27, 2013
    U.S. Airways Center
    Phoenix, Arizona

The Royal Rumble

30 Man Over The Top Rope Battle Royal. The winner receives a shot at either the WWE Champion or World Heavyweight Champion at Wrestlemania.

WWE Championship Match
    CM Punk(c) vs. The Rock

World Heavyweight Championship
    Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Big Show

World Tag Team Championship
    Daniel Bryan & Kane (c) vs. Damien Sandow & Cody Rhodes

YouTube Pre-Show: United States championship:
    Antonio Cesaro [c] vs The Miz

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  2. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

"Odds On Favorite" to win it.
    1. John Cena
    2. John Cena
    3. John Cena
    4. John Cena
    5. Barry Horowitz

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I heard rumblings of it being randy orton but who knows

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Honestly, at this point EVERYTHING is speculation. Rock beats Punk at Rumble, Cena/Rock at Mania, Cena wins. Very few ways that can be set up.

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

they dont really have to use the rumble for that he can just challenge the rock at wrestlemania. They could have the winner go for the heavyweight title or have a triple threat for the rock cena match.

6. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

the easy way out winners are taker or cena

this is how i see it going down
    rock beats punk for wwe title and cena wins rumble thus cena rock 2 at wm for title

or punk beats rock and number thirty in the rumble is undertaker he wins and challenges punk streak v title

the shock winner would be chris jericho or lesner

orton winning it = who cares

ryback wont win it

7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i dont follow anymore, but hows the rock all the sudden in the main event?

8. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

He's had a title match set for months. He's scheduled to take on the WWE champ, no matter who it is.

9. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I was looking forward to Rock/Punk promos quite a bit. Then, suddenly I realized something. There is absolutely NO WAY in hell that the WWE let's Punk off the chain for this. It'll be more of this respect nonsense and yada yada. The WWE needs to take the gloves off and let Punk cut a promo like he's able to. I do think however that he would destroy the Rock who could barely cut a better promo than Cena last year due to him being a big Hollywood star instead of a wrestler, er, entertainer anymore.

As for the Rumble match itself. Lesnar wins.

10. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Who cares anyway?

11. SRW

Streak vs Title would do HUGE business. Punk and Taker have had good matches before too:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hH6t3KCX1Y]Undertaker vs CM Punk World Heavyweight Championship Submission Match Breaking Point 2009 - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l2fE1hywiw]UnderTaker Vs CM Punk Hell In A CelI 2009 - YouTube[/ame]

12. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I never understood why people feel the need to come into threads and crap on things?

Anyway. I think that the E might do something interesting or they might just be the same predictable E. Either way, with the SHIELD in the WWE there's no way the Rock walks away with the title.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  13. SRW

The title would get some big time rep if they did the right thing and let Punk win clean. No gimmick, the best now beats the old timer. Give the belt the prestige it's been missing since the Attitude era and then have Punk put it on the line vs Taker at WM. Rock and Cena can still have their storyline without the title. You can have Cena rub the loss in the Rock's face and let it turn hostile.

14. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

raw was taped this week i guess

spoiler alert

with kofi losing the ic title you would think this knocks wade barret out of being a rumble winner

got me thinking.....

anyone buy kofi kingston as the 2013 royal rumble winner?

15. SRW

Kofi? I don't see him as a main event player for the WWE.

16. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Apparently the E is really big on Kofi and see's him as a World Title guy. I think it'll be a year or so but I wouldn't imagine it impossible for him to win the Rumble. I also don't think winning the IC title will knock Wade out of the possibility of winning the Rumble. They're mega high on him and a lot of folks had him winning last year. It depends on who the WHC is after the Rumble. I can't imagine them not having a WHC match at the Rumble so that'll tell you a lot.

17. SRW

How about have Barrett hold the IC title for a while, let Kofi stay in chase mode. It's a better mode for him as an uuber babyface. I am a huge Barrett fan, I think he's a money maker down the road.

18. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I think that Barrett will be the MITB winner. And I agree that he should keep the IC title for a while and that him and Kofi should feud for a little bit. I think that Barrett and Cesaro should become a tag team and hold onto the IC, US and Tag titles. That'd be freaking AWESOME!

19. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

You can't do Punk Taker for the title at Mania. Taker can't be a full time worker and in my opinion Taker should never lose at Mania. I have Punk beat Rock at Rumble lose it to someone at the Chamber (Not sure who but not Cena) and then you have Punk Taker at Mania (Rumoured to be penciled in) Rock Brock and a WWE title match that hopefully don't have Cena in it

20. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

You think Vince McMahon uses any kind of logic? Odds are strong that Rock will beat Punk at RR and he can't do a full time schedule either. Between filming and doing press for GI-Joe, the Rock is overbooked for the Spring time. We'll be lucky to see him live on TV twice before the Rumble.