Giants WR Victor Cruz Expected To Seek $8-10M Per Season

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Sweets, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Wide receiver Victor Cruz is set to become a restricted free agent and he’s not going anywhere, as the Giants know they cannot operate their offense without his skills at receiver, Paul Schwartz of the New York Post reports. They would likely tender him on a one-year deal if they cannot agree on a long-term contract.

After playing for the NFL minimums the past three years, Cruz won’t come cheap, not after two outstanding seasons by a 26-year-old on the upside of his career. His asking price is expected to be somewhere between $8 million and $10 million per year. Cruz made $540,000 this season and the last two years he has been the greatest bargain in the league.

“I think I feel comfortable where we’re at,’’ Cruz said yesterday on his weekly WFAN spot. “I think I’ve done enough to show them I’m a good guy on and off the field and I’ve done everything positive up until this point to prove that I’m somebody the organization will want to keep around for a long time. I’m positive things will come around and a positive outcome will come out of all this.’’

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

5 year, $40 mil with 10-12 guaranteed seems about right.

3. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

^^^That is a solid contract for him, we NEED to keep him.

4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

most overated reciever in the nfc! i can't see the tight butt giants giving him that much every year!

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Umm. Cruz is a baller.

?

6. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

What makes you feel that he is overrated?

7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

He is not just that good,imo! desean jackson,dez bryant,and pierre garcon are all way better than he is,hell,he is not the best wr on his team,nicks is! all cruz has is speed,and all the campbell's chunky soup he wants to eat!

8. SeanTaylor21

He has freaking TREMENDOUS hands and speed kills dude, his routes are perfect and he's not just fast he is quick, Garcon better than him, haha take off the homer hat kid, crap man I wouldn't even put Jackson infront of him, Dez Bryant, I'll give you that but that's because he is freaking physical freak of nature. The only reason Nicks is #1 is because he was a first round draft pick and has been on the team for longer. Overrated...think again bro and don't say that garcon is better than him because that is just being a homer.

9. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Skins can't win without garcon,giants can win witout cruz,that is the difference! and don't call me a homer man! your user name is sean taylor,yet you pull for the giants? I Think you are a secret in the closet redskins fan!

10. SeanTaylor21

If I was a secret in the closet Redskins fan don't you think I would've jumped on the bandwagon by now, plus didn't the Redskins play all season without Garcon?

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

missed the 3rd game to the 1st philly game.they are 9-1 when he plays!

12. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

jackson is not even close to what cruz is i wish he was but not at all. Cant say hes overrated imo hes very solid was surprised it took him so long to start. He was tearing up preseasons for like 2 years before he got the job.

13. SeanTaylor21

I'm sorry I just can't follow your logic of how he is overrated when his first season he had 82 receptions for 1536 yards and 9 TD's and last season he had 86 receptions for 1,092 yards and 10 TD's those are #1 receiver numbers at a #2 spot, has Garcon even come close to those numbers no. Will he, possibly.

14. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

you got your views,i have man so we agee to disagree!

15. SeanTaylor21

Yeah I guess so, I just can't see how anyone can look at those numbers and say overrated.

16. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I see in Cruz a great route runner, solid catching ability, speed and quickness. Even though he's not his team's #1 , he would be a #1 on a lot of other teams' rosters. He's solid in my book. Its hard to compare him to Garcon, Bryant and Jackson though. They all have a different skill set that makes them unique. Garcon plays more like a slot receiver. Bryant is the physical, throw-it-up-and-let-him-make-a-play guy. Jackson is the get behind the defense burner, but he's the most inconsistent of this group. I think all of these guys are as good as eachother save for Jackson due to inconsistency and Bryant has a higher ceiling.