Andy Reid Doesn't Travel To Arizona After Meeting With Chiefs

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Jan 2, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Former Eagles head coach Andy Reid may not be out of work for very long.

After the Eagles fired Reid on Monday, the coach spent Wednesday afternoon in Philadelphia interviewing with officials from the Kansas City Chiefs about their head coaching position.

Reid was scheduled to meet with team officials from the Arizona Cardinals on Thursday. FOX 29's Howard Eskin reports he was scheduled to depart Philadelphia for Arizona Wednesday night but didn't end up leaving.

Source: FOX Philly 29

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Excellent!!!! Reid in AZ has disaster written all over it.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

reid to the chiefs, eh?

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Would be surprising...maybe he wants to go somewhere with a good versatile back and feels he can work on a QB himself to groom him the way he wants. You know, the old hire someone with out experience to train them the way you want them to be.

5. CaptainStubing

well, they do have the #1 pick in the draft so maybe he's feeling like one of the qb's in college is his guy. they have some players on defense. their o-line is not the worst in the world. they just need a qb and some leadership.

6. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

He'll definitely draft the OL from A and M number 1! But as I've said before. The source is Howard Eskin so the guy probably saw a picture of Andy Reid somewhere and assumed it was him sitting there and started to ask him questions. When the picture of Andy Reid didn't answer he got mad and threw his red bulls at it and walked away and wrote this story.

7. Spiman2u

Spiman2u Chiefs fan no matter what

MAybe draft from ND-Manti TE'O pick up smth/vick

8. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

A friend of mine on Facebook says it's going to happen.

9. CaptainStubing

one of my friends on facebook says it's not going to happen

[​IMG]

10. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I don't understand why coaches do this so often. They have multiple teams lined up to give them millions of dollars. They schedule interviews with all interested parties. Then they go to the first interview, cancel the rest and sign with the first team they talk to. Its just straight up stupid and ignorant.

11. CaptainStubing

i agree. i don't see what the rush is ................ if they have multiple possibilities and they're the first choice for at least 1 of them, tell them you would like a few days to think about it and then go talk to some other teams.

12. ragman

If he doesn't travel to Arizona, I think that should tell you something. I think it's a done deal.

13. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Perhaps you could ask your Facebook buddy for his "inside info."

14. ragman

Just repeating what he said this morning.

15. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Although AZ posted a better record than KC (that's a stretch), there's far less work to fix what's broken. And I agree that should Reid land in KC, OT is No. 1.

16. ragman

Maybe YOU need to ask your Facebook friend where they're getting their information. LOL!!!