Packers To Have Deals Done With QB Aaron Rodgers, LB Clay Matthews Before April?

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Jan 3, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

On the Packers' contract front, it’s been assumed since before the season began that it would be only a matter of time before the team re-ups with the players widely considered to be its best performers on both sides of the ball — offensive centerpiece Aaron Rodgers and defensive centerpiece Clay Matthews.

Rodgers, who displayed his 2011 MVP form the second half of this season, has two years left on his contract after this year. The original contract for Matthews, who has been playing as good as ever since returning from a hamstring injury that forced him to miss four games, expires after the 2013 season.

The way PFW keeps hearing it, new deals for both players could very well be nailed down before the 2013 draft in late April.

Source: Pro Football Weekly

2. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

while i could see rodgers taking less than brees and manning money to maybe spread the wealth on offense i doubt clay takes anything than less top five pash rusher money

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i think they should let rodgers walk. he's overrated.

4. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Pfftttt...Rodgers over rated??

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Please tell me that's a joke, cap. Lol.

6. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

[​IMG]

7. CaptainStubing

yes, sarcasm sometimes doesn't come through in a post very well ............

i'm very entertained that some of you thought i may have been serious though .......... :rofl:

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

He is not overated,but i think russell wilson deserved a pro bowl spot over rodgers and matt ryan this year,especially with the way ryan has played the last month!

9. CaptainStubing

yep, so much of the voting is done before december so guys like ryan and victor cruz that did not have good decembers end up going over possibly more worthy candidates.