49ers Sign Free Agent PK Billy Cundiff

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by SRW, Jan 1, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the San Francisco 49ers signed K Billy Cundiff Tuesday.

The 49ers decided to finally bring in some kickers for tryouts this week after David Akers continued his struggles this season. It’s hard to image a team keeping two kickers on their 53-man roster, so Akers could be released at some point in the near future.

Source: NFL Trade Rumors

2. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

really cundiff............

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nURz04Y9s8"]Ravens' Cundiff - Missed Field Goal (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2013
  3. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

:hb1:

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o19CaOSuD8]Oh Hell No - YouTube[/ame]

5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

He's the one who kept the Ravens out of the Superbowl last year...so yeah if you want to make it to the NFC championship game and lose again then he is a good choice. Can I ask something, why the heck are kickers blowing so much nowadays, maybe I just didn't notice or care before but it seems like all of these kickers just freaking suck and are getting cut and picked back up left and right.

6. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Come home David. Sign that 1 day, retire and be inducted into the Eagles HOF next season.

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

@ SeanTaylor21 .. Akers was hurt a couple of weeks before the Saints game and had hernia type surgery I believe after the Saints game so his sucking is actually injury related.

8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Let's see if he has a chance to win the NFC Championship game for them lol.

9. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Okay? That really doesn't change the fact that teams have been going through kickers like it's their job lately. Okay so Akers was hurt, that's 1 kicker, several have been cut from several different teams this year.

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I understand that but this thread is about the 49ers, I really don't care about the other sucky kickers...lol