Seahawks To Try To Trade Away QB Matt Flynn This Offseason?

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by SRW, Jan 6, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

One name who could spice up the veteran quarterback market is Matt Flynn. Dan Pompei of the National Football Post hears that Flynn could be on the move for the second time in as many seasons, this time via the trade market. Given that Russell Wilson has established himself as the clear No. 1 in Seattle, the Seahawks likely will listen to offers. And given there are more teams in need of quarterbacks than there are attractive, available veterans, it is likely John Schneider’s phone will be ringing. In fact, if a team is willing to take on Flynn’s big contract, it wouldn’t be surprising if they could get the former Packer for reasonable trade compensation.

Source: National Football Post

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2013
  2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

they won't get much for him but they could get rid of his contract at least.

3. SRW

Well trading him would entail another team either taking that contract on or doing a major restructure. Someone who makes a move for him better be ready to make him the man.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Kansas City has plenty of cash to do this deal if they wanted to...could be interesting to see Flynn and Reid together.

5. CaptainStubing

well, if the chiefs are smart, they will replace all 3 qb's on their roster ....... use the #1 pick for a QB, bring in someone like flynn (or better), and then use a mid-round pick on another QB.

with these new rookie salary caps, teams can now afford to stockpile QB's in the hopes that one of them 'hits'

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I thought his contract was for like 10 million. Also I think the Seahawks may be freaking up by doing that. What if Russell is a one year wonder?

7. CaptainStubing

the hawks paid most of flynn's contract in the first year. he's only due $5 mill in 2013 and $6 mill in 2014. The #1 pick QB will cost about $5.5 mill a year and a mid-round QB would cost about $500k/yr so between the 3 players, they would only have $11 or $12 mill invested in the QB position............ that's not very much

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Problem is, there isn't a "better" out there on the free agency market...

9. Buck Fenson

I think that one game where he threw for over 400 yards got him the money. He is good but maybe a bit overrated according to his body of work.

10. SRW

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adud3fLmUJ8]Matt Flynn vs. The Detroit Lions - YouTube[/ame]

11. Buck Fenson

isn't that his only complete game as a Packer? Just goes to show that you only need one game to get paid. THAT is part of the problem with the salary cap hell teams are in now. I get nervous about paying someone after one good season. Now if you are awesome from day one then yes you deserve to get paid well.

12. SRW

He pulled off a 'Rob Johnson'. Had a big day on last game of his deal and scored a fat payday.

13. Buck Fenson

Rob Johnson. A blast from the past.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

I still hate that guy...