Jason Garrett Now Open To Cowboys Making Changes

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, Jan 3, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Monday that he "certainly anticipated the status quo" when it came to calling his own plays next season. By Wednesday, Garrett said he was open to changes.

"We would just talk it through," Garrett said on KRLD-FM, via ESPNDallas.com, about potentially talking to Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. "Again, line one for me in the position that I'm in is, 'What's best for the Dallas Cowboys' in every way, shape or form, however we're doing. Anything and everything is on the table."

It's hard not to wonder about the conversations that took place between Jones and Garrett before this about-face. Speculation has centered around the Cowboys bringing in an offensive coordinator who would call plays so Garrett could "manage" the team more. Bill Callahan has the title of offensive line coach/offensive coordinator, which could make it tricky to make a change.

Source: NFL.com

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Easy. Take the OC title away front Callahan, and make him "Assistant Head Coach"

Sent from my HTC Vivid

3. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

they should get a real OC,not promote callahan.

4. Jihad Joe

Callahan did a good job with what he had IMO. He's not an OC though. The Assistant title is really just paper though. Its basically, "we'll pay you a lil more then an OL coach"

Sent from my HTC Vivid

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

haha. funny how guys suddenly are open to new ideas when the guy who signs your checks says how it's going to be ..................

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yep. Jones tells Garrett we're being in Norv. Garrett says...good idea Jerrah!

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

No Norv!

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

sounds like a big cluster heck in the works.

9. Jihad Joe

Huge difference between an OC and HC. Look at Norvs brother Wade Phillips. Norv is one of the and probobly the best OC in the NFL, who just so happens to be a terrible HC

Sent from my HTC Vivid

10. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Norv is a great OC, he would do amazing things in Dallas.

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

only thing about norv is,he has worked for jerry once and knows what a pr**k he is,so he may not want to comeback and re-live that crap now matter how much money he gets paid!

12. Jihad Joe

No, they are still close

Sent from my HTC Vivid

13. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

so close,i have'nt heard either say anything about norv turner coming to dallas! don't think it will happen!

14. ragman

What about the OC of the Saints? Is he available? Carmichael?

15. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

16. ragman

I like Carmichael better than Turner.

17. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Norv will work. Garrett and Norv run the same offense. They are friends and also have a mutual respect for one another. I believe Norv is the answer.

18. ragman

What makes you think Norv wants to work for Jerry again? If I was in Norv's shoes, I wouldn't.

19. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I highly doubt his phone is ringing off the hook for head coaching jobs. Why not work for Jason? They are good friends and also they have the same offensive philosophy.

One of the reasons I want Norv is because if we change the playbook on Romo then I feel he will go backwards in his growth. I am beginning to think that Romo isn't that smart when it comes to football. So my thought is to try and make the transition from one OC to another as seamless as possible.

just my opinion for what it's worth. :beer:

20. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Jerry is a drunken billionaire with a problem who does not see him as lord and master of the dallas cowboys! The Cowboys will not win another super bowl as long as he owns the team and continues to be the Gm,EVER! They are as hecked as the raiders were when al davis was alive! If their is an butthole heaven,al's in it now waiting for jerry to join him there!