Cowboys Could Renegotiate Or Cut WR Miles Austin, OT Doug Free, NT Jay Ratliff

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, Jan 9, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Dallas Cowboys could be looking to renegotiate the contracts of WR Miles Austin, OT Doug Free and NT Jay Ratliff or possibly even release them in the coming months, according to the team’s website.

Austin is under contract for $6.732 million next season, but they would be able to free up $5 million in cap space by releasing him.

As for Ratliff, he’ll be 32 next year and has a $5 million base salary next season, but counts $7 million against the team’s cap.

Free has been a huge bust since signing his four year, $32 million contract back in 2011 and his cap number is a staggering $11.2 million, so it seems as though there’s a pretty decent chance that he’ll be released at some point in the near future.

Dallas owes a combined $26.5 million to the three players next season and they could look for other, more cost-efficient options at each position.

Source: NFL Trade Rumors

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Rattliff is gone. Free should be gone. I'd keep Austin as long as we can get him a new set of hamstrings...

3. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Yea they were the same ham strings he had when Jerry overpaid him. Of course Jerry loves to over pay for receivers.

4. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Sickening isn't it? :icon_frown:

5. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

I love Jerry Jones I hope he stays GM for another 15 years :icon_cool: