Rob Ryan Denies He's Been Hired By The Rams

Discussion in 'St. Louis Rams' started by SRW, Jan 12, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Brian Costello of the New York Post was the first to report that the Dallas Cowboys had fired defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, who was officially replaced on Friday when the team hired 72-year-old Monte Kiffin.

Then, last night Costello reported that Ryan had landed a new gig, that he had been hired to be the defensive coordinator of the St. Louis Rams. Not so fast says Ryan, who was reached by Calvin Watkins of ESPN Dallas.

“I'm on a beach and have talked to nobody and have no comment,â€￾ Ryan said, according to Watkins.

No word whether or not it’s the same beach Rex Ryan visited immediately after the New York Jets’ season ended. And no word when Rob Ryan is returning. But it’s probably a good bet he does land with the Rams.

Source: National Football Post

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

The thought of Ryan on a beach turns my stomach...

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I wonder if he has a tattoo of his wife in a Romo jersey.

4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

If he gets in the water,he better hope those japanese whalers from whale wars ain't around or else,he may get hapooned and wake up in japan!

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

what about Gregg Williams?

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

he's not being retained. at least that's what i heard.

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Williams can't coach until he is re-instated by the nfl,and i can't see that happening anytime soon.

9. Buck Fenson

you know, when the Saints hired him I was so stoked. I always thought he was a pretty good DC. He did help us win the SB but then it all fell apart. Never was privy to how he really was.

10. CaptainStubing

ryan doesn't seem like a good fit with fischer to me. ryan's defenses aren't as aggressive, intimidating, and dirty enough for fischer's liking. now, maybe fischer feels he can help teach ryan how he wants it done, but if he is just planning on letting ryan run his regular defense, it doesn't really fit with what fischer likes to do.

11. Buck Fenson

guess Ryan didn't learn defense from his old man. Now those were some freaking intimidating defenses.

12. CaptainStubing

you are correct. rob's defenses are nothing like his dads.

13. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Not even a glimmer beyond the name.

Daddio must be very disappointed...

14. CaptainStubing

god, i get sick of being right all the time.

15. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Really? This is the first time I can remember seeing it...