Falcons 'Love Hearing' They Can't Stop 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by SRW, Jan 18, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has been the belle of the ball since he set an NFL quarterback record with 181 rushing yards against the Green Bay Packers in the divisional playoff round.

There are no more questions about whether 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh should have stuck with Alex Smith. Kaepernick is being hailed as the quarterback of the present and future in San Francisco.

The Atlanta Falcons have paid attention as people wonder if their 24th-ranked total defense can hang with the versatile signal-caller.

"Love hearing we can't stop Kaepernick," linebacker Sean Weatherspoon told San Francisco Chronicle reporter Vic Tafur. "We want the challenge and look forward to it. It will be fun."

Source: NFL.com

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

They should be worried...Cam had 2 big games against them this year and Wilson went bonkers last week. They did shut down RGIII tho.

As high as I am on the guy (Kaep) and as stoked as I am to have him under center moving forward, he is the only real question mark for me looking at this matchup. He's been great in big high pressure games thus far, but he's also thrown a couple stinkers, and I worry about how he reacts to sustained struggles. He came back nice from that stinker of a pick off the bat last week, but what if it had happened again next drive? Can he overcome that? Id like to say yes, but the track record aint there either way so whos to say. I hope its not even something that comes up at all of course. Other than that Im not worried. We match up really well in pretty much every other aspect. Would have been more worried about SEA, honestly.

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Truthfully I'm rooting for the niners

I'm getting irratated by all these bandwagon Atl fans

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

This week is the Super Bowl as far as Im concerned. Win or lose the real one, either way the season is a success so long as we beat the Falcons. Former division rivals...the heart of conservative redneck red state deep South vs. the uber liberal hippie homo mecca Bay Area...stoic old school football guy Mike Smith vs. Pistol offense and lunatic Harbaugh...little crapweasel Nolan scheming against the guy who took HIS roster from the cellar to SB contenders overnight. Lots of good stuff there. Mostly though, my best friend is a Falcons fan from GA living in the Bay Area, and we've been at odds over this rivalry since forever. Ive been waiting patiently for revenge ever since we were roommates in college, when Hearst broke his leg on like the second play of the division playoff game in 98, and the Falcons went on to lose to Denver in the SB. I was still riding the high of the previous week (The Catch II) thinking we couldnt be beaten, team of destiny crap, and then suddenly that all vanished when Hearst went down. So as a result, Ive been being taunted with that crap for the last 15 years, and I want blood on Sunday. A Super Bowl win would be better than a loss, but it aint gonna be half as good as a win this week.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Great post. Good analysis/questions about the match-up and the players. More of what I've grown to expect from a Walnuts post.

One of your worst posts.

you're hyping up this match-up a little too much .......... i guess i'm not seeing that much historical significance with this one walnuts. rednecks vs. hippies? huh? what does that have to do with anything? you lost me on this one dude.

6. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:icon_smile:

Personally, I'd be more than concerned...

7. CaptainStubing

haha. that's classic.

seriously, though, i wonder if in the 2-hour period between his good post and his bizarre post, walnuts did some strange drugs ............

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I was fairly inebriated yes. :icon_redface:

9. CaptainStubing

i was going with either that or someone hacking your account ........... either way, i could still respect you in the morning.

10. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

im baked

and think this game could go either way

11. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

What does u being baked have to do with this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

:icon_rolleyes:

Attention tramp?