Best Veteran QB To Never Win A SB

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by CaptainStubing, Jan 18, 2013.

?

Best Veteran QB to never win Super Bowl?

Poll closed Jan 20, 2013.
  1. Tony Romo

22.7%
  2. Joe Flacco

22.7%
  3. Matt Ryan

31.8%
  4. Philip Rivers

22.7%
  5. Matt Schaub

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Matt Stafford

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Josh Freeman

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Jay Cutler

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

So does Womo

But those guys arent that tragic Charlie Brownesque loser like Womo is

He would actually be adorable if he wasnt the QB for my favorite team

2. Jihad Joe

How can Tony Womo expect to win with Hamas uncontained in Gaza

Once that happens, there will be nothing stopping Womo

But we all know Hamas wont be contained in Gaza as long as Jerry Jones is the GM

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

jj, you're cracking me up with the womo posts but let's say the cowboys get a good play caller in there and kiffin does wonders with the defense, romo cuts back down on his int's next year and they end up winning the super bowl.

on this list, isn't he elevated to an 'elite' level just as quickly as any of these other guys?

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

You got anybody better, JJ?

(crickets chirp)

Thought so.

I can't count the number of times I've had this discussion with people who want to run Romo out of town. Then, when I ask if they have somebody better, they get real quiet. Crickets start chirping in the background. It's amazing.

5. CaptainStubing

yep, i'm not sure if romo will ever win a SB, but if he does, he will immediately be elevated to an elite level. it would not be a trent dilfer situation at all. romo is an accomplished passer and the only knock on him is losing the big games. if he shakes that, there really wouldn't be any more questions about him.

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Which is why he needs a good OL to keep him vertical.

Larry Allen's possible entry in the NFL HOF should serve as a reminder to Jerry what got him those 3 SB trophies in the 90s. Allen, Gurode, and Adams played in 20 Pro Bowls between them.

7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

[MENTION=566]ragman[/MENTION] JJ is being sarcastic. And playing to the choir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Jihad Joe

Romo needs an entire team of Pro Bowlers according to Cowboy fans.

9. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

It's the little things that count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Jihad Joe

IMO Romo would do well in Jacksonville. Match made in heaven. They have good young WR's and they need someone to help sell tickets. They would probably win 3 or 4 more games a year with Romo

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Melty Ice still chokin em away.

12. Jihad Joe

He did more this years with less then what Romo had in 2007

13. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

That choke was a team effort, wasn't a Peyton Manning/Donovan McNabb/Tomy Romo playoff special!

14. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Matt Ryan with a two vote lead....think his loss today will spike that number any?

15. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

The offense has been getting off to a very hot start, and then stalling out. That's on him.

16. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

The 49ers adjustments in the passing game in the second half were too much for the Falcons to get past. I mean the first quarter, they were able to hold the ball for almost 12 damn minutes.

17. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Plus back to back drive ending turnovers at a time when they were otherwise having their way with us in the passing game was a killer. With the way that Jones/White/Gonzo had been making our DB's look (like WAYYY overmatched), thats a probable 14 he gave away. Even if they didnt lead to points they were huge momentum killers.

18. CaptainStubing

i'm not completely sold the int was ryan's fault. white fell down from what i recall. the fumbled snap was inexcusable. that should never happen.

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

White did stumble but I think it would have been an INT anyway more than likely if I'm remembering it right. LETS TAKE A LOOK AT THE TAPE CAPTAIN.

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000128668/Culliver-intercepts-Ryan]San Francisco 49ers cornerback Chris Culliver intercepts Matt Ryan - NFL Videos[/ame]

20. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Hard to say for sure, but probably not an INT if White doesnt slip.