Eagles Coach Chip Kelly Unable To Commit To QB's Mike Vick, Nick Foles

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Jan 20, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

New Eagles coach Chip Kelly, master of a spread offense that was so potent at Oregon, met with his quarterbacks on Friday, Mike Vick and Nick Foles, and gave neither a firm commitment for the 2013 season, Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports citing sources.

Both meetings were pleasant and Kelly had good things to say about both, but Vick remains unwilling to significantly alter his contract in order to stay with the Eagles. Several teams are eyeing him as potential free agent and he is likely to depart. Vick is set to make $16.5 million next season and, while it's conceivable he could stay should he be guaranteed to make in the $15 million range, sources said he's not going to take a big hit to remain.

There have been no negotiations between the sides to this point, sources said, and the Eagles have until Feb. 6 to make a decision.

Source: The Redzone

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

He shouldn't have to at this point.

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

La Canfora

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

Obviously certain people from cleveland are interfering with this decision.

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Obviously its another team's fault, not the reporter with an apparent agenda against the Eagles..

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

How dare you question ethics in journalism. :moe:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  7. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

The word itself is soon to be retired I hear. Good thing I got my degree in it before they do that.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Breaking huge stories EVERY DAY!

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Lies! Lol...

10. VICK#7

VICK#7 BANNED

If Vick gets traded he will have some options.

11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

What options? He has no say in a trade.

12. VICK#7

VICK#7 BANNED

Thats very true .. I ment that VICK will have multiple teams interested in him ( Options) . The Eagles will look out for themselves during a possible trade.. and hopefully look out for VICK and trade him to one of the better teams.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

Why do the eagles have to look out for vick in a trade ? They owe him nothing.

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Maybe if Reid were still here we'd take a lesser deal to give Vick a better option ala McNabb, but this regime could give a heck. They will do whatever is best for the team with very little consideration to the man who inked a ridiculous (even though phony) $100 million contract and played like a less-than average QB.

15. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I'd trade Mike Vick for a handful of water coolers at this point.

16. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I would take that trade and make him work at a police dog training facility and have him as the bite test dummy.

17. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Screwed up thing is it is sounding more and more likely that we are going to pay the $3 million on Feb 6th to keep him. Screw!