49ers WR Randy Moss Says 'I'm The Greatest Wide Receiver Ever'

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Sweets, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

San Francisco 49ers wide receiver seemed to be in a good mood at Super Bowl media day this morning. He talked about the 49ers, his future and his legacy, Dan Hanzus of NFL.com reports.

"I think now that I'm older I do think I'm the greatest receiver to ever do it," Moss said from the Superdome. "This year has been a down year for me, statistically. The year before I retired was a down year, and then in Oakland was a down year.

"I don't really live on numbers. I really live on impact and what you're able to do out on that field. I really do think that I'm the greatest receiver to ever play this game."

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He could have been easily with some effort, but that's it. "Could have been".

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

moss COULD have been the best ever but never had the drive and desire to do it.

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

He's modest, too.

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Bad work ethic, didn't make you the "best ever".....

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

About that no Divas on the team thing...

8. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Just what I was thinking lol

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

To be fair, until this statement he's been very low-key and by all accounts a great teammate, leading by example and putting in a lot of work with the younger guys.

10. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Greatest wide receiver ever to play on 5 different teams.

11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Good good, maybe he will score a touchdown in the Super Bowl and moon the crowd.

12. CaptainStubing

yes, he has been fine with the niners this year. however, this is a conversation about his career and facts are facts. his last couple of years in first stint in minny, his time in oakland, his 2nd stint in minny, and his time in tennessee show that this guy never had the heart of a competitor. this guy always just lived off of his natural physical abilities, which are phenomenal, but he never really made himself better. and through much of his career, he was a horrible teammate, a clubhouse cancer, and very clearly only played when he wanted to play.

hell, he even managed to heck everything up in new england, which he claimed was his favorite nfl spot ever. i understand he's on your team now so you must support him but the guy is a loser and has always been a loser.

13. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'm not disagreeing with any of that. See the first post in the thread. Crowned called him a diva and I was just pointing out he hasn't been this year. I'm not trying to discount anything in the past.

14. CaptainStubing

i see.

yes, i think the niners have built a really solid culture in their clubhouse that is helping to keep all of them on the same page and low-key, even the borderline ones.

15. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Coulda woulda shoulda.

16. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

17. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

He could have been, but he spent years not giving effort and wasting away on bad Oakland teams.

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

GOAT

19. diesel

diesel HERE COMES THE BOOM!!!

TOP 5 but not the best....

20. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Oh look...

A rare Randy Moss sighting in the news. :icon_smile: