WR Michael Crabtree Isn't 'Going To Blame The Refs' For 49ers' Loss

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Sweets, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

49ers coach Jim Harbaugh believed the Ravens benefitted from a couple of penalties on the 49ers' final drive that were not called but not wide receiver Michael Crabtree, Matt Maiocco of CSN Bayarea reports.

"There was no question in my mind there was a pass interference and a hold on (Michael) Crabtree on the last one," Harbaugh said of the 49ers' final sequence of plays after picking up a first-and-goal at the Baltimore 7-yard line with two minutes, 39 seconds remaining.

Running back Frank Gore, who gained 110 yards and a touchdown on 19 rushing attempts, had a 33-yard carry to the 7-yard line, that was the last time Gore would touch the ball.

Rookie running back LaMichael James carried for two yards on first down, on second down, Colin Kaepernick's pass for Crabtree near the right front pylon was broken up by Corey Graham, prompting complaints from Crabtree and Harbaugh for pass interference.

After another incomplete pass toward Crabtree, Kaepernick tried on fourth down to get the ball to Crabtree once again. Cornerback Jimmy Smith appeared to grab Crabtree near the line of scrimmage, the two were tangled up, and Crabtree could not get to Kaepernick's pbutt.

"It is what it is, man," Crabtree said. "It was the last play, and I'm not going to blame the refs. It is what it is. It came down to the last play and it didn't happen.

"(If) somebody grabs me, you always expect the call, but you can't whine to the referee."

Source: The Redzone

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

True story. It was a definite hold.

3. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

maybe if crabtree ran a good route instead of running right into the defender lol what a joke

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, at least crabtree isn't going to whine

5. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

You are clearly just a hater, so STFU

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Mullet keep it civil or take it to the fight club.

7. groenator

groenator Rookie

Based on Mike Pereira, the officials made the correct call.

"Both players were hand fighting and when you look at this play in real-time, there's not enough to call pass interference against either player. Smith had a quick grab and Crabtree had a quick push-off. Smith went down on the play and the pass fell incomplete."

8. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

There's a reason Pereira works for Fox. Seriously, people act like he's the pope of officiating now, I remember how bad EVERYONE used to hate him when he was in the league.

9. groenator

groenator Rookie

hate him or not hate... he has a good point... If u look at the play they both touch them selfs during play....

10. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

:rofl::newlaugh:

[​IMG]

11. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

[​IMG]

12. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

It looked to me like the push off was in response to the hold. And, fine, if that's the case call off-setting penalties and replay the down.

13. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

You are clearly just pissed that the 49ers got ran over for 2 quarters.