Super Bowl XLVII: San Francisco 49ers Vs Baltimore Ravens (Sunday, Feb. 3rd, 2013)

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by SRW, Jan 20, 2013.

?

Who Will Win Super Bowl XLVII?

1. San Francisco 49ers

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. Baltimore Ravens

19 vote(s)
    51.4%
  1. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

and the reason he had to do that is because crabtree initiated the contact and you don't seem to be getting that part of it.

When the WR runs into a defender with arms extended and grabs the defender with both of his hands and is trying to push off on the defender to get seperation, the refs are going to allow the defender to defend himself and his position.

and that's exactly what happened and that's why nothing was called. crabtree initiated the contact and was 'holding' and grappling just as much as the DB. the niners tried to draw the flag and it didn't work.

again, there's a reason i wanted to wait a while before having this discussion. every person i've talked to about this play who did not have a rooting interest in the game agrees with the non-call. the only people i've talked to that have a problem with the non-call are some niners fans here. that pretty much tells me everything i need to know.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

It actually has to do more with who is looking at the ball than the contact. If the WR is looking and DB is not, it's pass interference. If both are looking or both are NOT looking, then it's usually not called.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

All i know is thank god darren isnt here.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Could be entertaining....

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Hell of a game. Congratulations to Baltimore and their fans, hopefully we'll be seeing you again under similar conditions. It was a great game from both teams and you guys deservedly won. Good job.

I'm not in the group of fans who's snitching about the 4th down no-call, it's one of those things that there's a solid argument for both sides, but really if we had showed up at all in the first half or capitalized on other opportunities, it would be a non-issue, so I aint mad about it. Take the loss and move on.

It's like the fan reaction last year to the NFCCG and WIlliams muffing punts. A huge faction of Niner fans wanted his head, wanted him cut from the team (despite his talent as a WR and the fact he shouldnt even have been returning punts that day at all), still to this day hate his guts for "losing the game"...but when it comes down to it, those two plays weren't really why we lost at all, they are just an easy thing for casual fans to point at and say "WE WERE THE BETTER TEAM WE GOT JOBBED WE SHOULD HAVE WON ITS ALL _______'S FAULT".

Anyway. It was a hell of a year and Im excited for the future. This is a very young team for the most part and they should have their best football yet ahead of them. If Kaepernick can continue to grow and progress as a passer, the rest of the youngsters keep improving as well, and we can get talent to fill the few gaps that will be arising in the next couple years (Cowboy, Gore, Rogers), we should be right in the mix to represent the NFC in the SB for the foreseeable future. Good times man, gooood times. Can't wait for next year.

6. CaptainStubing

good to see you're still around wallace ............. thought maybe you had stroked out during the game

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

No but I did have to take a few days off from thinking about football. :icon_cheesygrin:

8. CaptainStubing

i understand. i don't blame you one bit. i'm just glad you didn't end up like this guy.

[​IMG]

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

I know what you mean...

10. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

The only thing I have to say is "I'm still drinking"!!!:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cool:

11. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Thank You for the congrats 86 and all. A big "Good Game" to the 9ers! I love you Sweets!

12. ram29jackson

ram29jackson sports spectator

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYHFSCDPwdc&feature=player_embedded]Super Bowl XLVII Highlight: Flacco to Jones with Lego-like OYO Figures - YouTube[/ame]

13. ram29jackson

[​IMG]

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

"A postseason long trend"? 3 of his 4 TD passes in the postseason were in the red zone.

I had more of an issue with the red zone playcalling than Kaeps play in it. Not that he's entirely free of blame but the play selection was what really had me steaming.

15. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Pretty hard to throw when you've got blitzers on you as soon as you touch the ball. Shouldn't have been called in the first place.

16. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

I "get" it all just fine Captain Condesention, I just don't agree. And BTW, this all started cause some douche bag Packer fan decided to put words in my mouth and mock me cause I said I still consider this SF team champs, and I do. Not as in the champs, but I'm proud as hell of what that team accomplished and how far they've come.

I'm honestly not really that pissed about the 4th down, it's the collective nature of the lack of officiating that frustrates me. And it isn't just "some niner fans" that think that, unless Warren Sapp, Dennis Green, Eric Mangini, Tim Hasselbeck, and Brian Billick are just "some niner fans" (not to mention my friends who are fans of the Jags, Cards, Seahawks, and Packers-look, I can use annecdotal "facts" too).

As a fan of football you should at least be a little upset, and at least be able to admit that the officiating on a whole was atrocious and it had a large effect on the game, because that's all I'm saying, only I take one step further as I do have an emotional investment from it being a little upset to me being pissed off; and I have the right to btw. And if you aren't upset at all about it, then you really don't expect enough from the league and are part of the problem.

/rant

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  17. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

18. ram29jackson

19. ram29jackson

20. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Is he ascending into the heavens or something? What a joke. So glad we won't have to hear about him until 5 years from now when he spews bullcrap from his mouth during his hall of fame speech.