Falcons Likely To Part With RB Michael Turner

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by SRW, Feb 10, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Falcons look to be in the running back market this offseason, according to those who know. Chances are the team will cut ties with 30-year old Michael Turner and look for a younger runner. Turner provides toughness, a solid locker room presence and power on downhill runs, but scouts say his ability to bounce and cut isn’t what it was.

Source: National Football Post

2. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Could trade him to Green bay, with some draft picks, for Jermichael Finley. Atlanta needs someone to replace Tony Gonsales(I know it's spelled wrong, my key is broke), and I've heard Green Bay is looking to get rid of Finley

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

There is no way that trade happens. Turner for Finley? No....that's a pipedream.

You know who would make sense for Atlanta? Reggie Bush.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I would be more inclined to say either Hillis or Ivory, Bush is very similar to Rodgers.

5. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

Yeah, no way in hell Finley ends up in in Green Bay. Besides, they already have a RB who can't make cuts or hit holes in Cedric Benson.

Dunno about the Reggie Bush thing. It really wouldn't surprise me to target someone early in the draft if there isn't a DT there that they want. I don't think Giovani Bernard will fall that far, but maybe Eddie Lacey. If not, maybe take a stab at Lattimore in the late rounds. The only issue there is he may not be ready for 2013.

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Turner just doesn't have "it" anymore.

7. GreenFish11

GreenFish11 Special Teamer

Ahhh...I hate thinking about the Falcons dropping Turner. Its seems inevitable though. He clearly doesn't have the speed and stamina anymore and Lil Quizz is developing as a Sproles prototype. Snelling is there and shows flashes of being good but not consistent; on the other hand you can't judge consistency on very few carries.

We will need a back to co star the show, whether its free agency or draft.

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Smelling had a very good game against us in 2011. Reminded me a lot of McClain when the Ravens were giving him carries

I think Rodgers/Snelling could work very well. I would however fully convert Snelling to HB and find another FB

Sent from my HTC Vivid

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Rodgers should've been carrying the rock at least 75% of the time last season...although their numbers were very similar...

10. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I agree that those two should be able to handle things, at least well enough to wait and pick up a back later if necessary. This team still has a lot of needs on defense.