Falcons A Likely Landing Spot For Rams RB Steven Jackson

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by Sweets, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Rams running back Steven Jackson is expected to void his contract with the Rams. Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that Jackson would like to play for a Super Bowl contender.

One of those teams could be the Atlanta Falcons who are expected to part ways with Michael Turner.

According to Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports reports Jackson's likely landing spot seems to be Atlanta based on what was happening at the NFL scouting combine.

Source: The Redzone

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Might not be a bad one-two punch...with Rodgers. Not sure Jackson is THAT much of an upgrade over Turner.

The Dual Oregon State Backfield...

3. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Jackson's best days are past him, but he's still a tough back. I would think Green Bay would be interested as well

4. GreenFish11

GreenFish11 Special Teamer

2 beavers are always better than 1.
    (How I met your mother)

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Jackson would have a huge year in Atlanta. I believe he's still got some left in the tank unlike Turner.

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I'd take that animal in a heartbeat. But then again, that's from a guy who has to watch Beanie "IR" Wells on the sidelines every week.

7. diesel

diesel HERE COMES THE BOOM!!!

i remember my brother in law was so stoked When the Cards picked him up...i say this is his last yr in a Cards uni.

8. markaz

Beanie sensed that too and announced that in the final game of the season he was going to prove to other teams that he was a valuable commodity. In true Cardinal style, Whisenhunt benched him and wasn't on the field for one play.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i wonder how much someone is going to pay the guy. i mean, seriously, he was going to make $7 mill to play one more year in st. louis. is anyone going to give him much more than that for MULTIPLE years on a new contract?

i really don't understand what jackson and his agent are doing here.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Trying to get a ring, more than likely.

11. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

That's exactly what I was going to write.. go to a playoff team. Going to be tough for STL to get past SF and SEA out of the west for a while

12. markaz

I probably stand alone here (with the exception of thegetting mega dollars) but every time I see this dude play, regardless of age, he's full out with every freakin' run and he's got to have to have one of the highest yards after initial contact in the NFL. Probably does want to play for a contender and why Atlanta makes sense, but this dude at his age is still one of the best backs in the NFL. If he wants to play for a loser, I'll pick him up at the airport.

13. markaz

Agreed.

14. GreenFish11

Jackson is a beast. I am looking forward to further speculation.

He is so aggressive on the field.

15. markaz

Agree 100%.

16. GreenFish11

Does anyone else think S. Jackson and A. Peterson resemble each other?

I mean A.P. has the ideal physique and way more about speed and agility but S. Jackson has that same UMPH. Hits the hole full speed, if your in his way.. watch out.

I've been watching his highlights if you can't tell lol. :cool:

17. diesel

diesel HERE COMES THE BOOM!!!

SJ is a old school smashmouth back...love it.