49ers Agree To Trade QB Alex Smith To Chiefs

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Sweets, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Best team in the NFC, few holes to fill, with 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. Nice.

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Lmao. This is so bad. Smith needs a great team to succeed. He can't lead a bad team to wins. They gave up way too much for this guy.

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Andy Reid knows QBs........

Sent from my HTC Vivid

4. Spiman2u

Spiman2u Chiefs fan no matter what

Such haters.. Wait till Alex/ KC comes to SF and beats them for the 3rd straight time.. {maybe wishful thinking..2014} I will go to that game if here in bay area. Maybe Alex would have won the Superbowl this year..Smack How did 2nd losers taste this year! alot of fortywhining around here.. LOL

5. Jihad Joe

[​IMG]

Sent from my HTC Vivid

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

The majority of opinions are "bad move" for the Chiefs, good for SF and good for Smith. Is Smith better than Castle? Then it's an upgrade for the Chiefs and Reid knows the QB position pretty well.

Kind of makes all the Mock Drafts 'til now with Geno going to KC an obvious joke.

7. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

He can make most QB's look great. I dont think its as bad some are making out. I think in the end it will be a decent deal for both teams.

8. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

Yeah but he always had a good supporting cast for all those QBs he made look "great". He always had something going for the Eagles offense, whether decent receiving core or great pass protection.

And "great" is a relative term anyway. Kolb was pretty average in his Eagles stint.

I think Smith will fail. Maybe not miserably, but he will fail nonetheless. He needs everything to be perfect. His fanboys were always making excuses; it always was someone else's fault that he didn't succeed. The OL, the receivers, the running game, the defense not being able to stop the other team so he had a chance to come back...

9. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

hold up a minute. eagles didnt have a good recieving core til TO came to town

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

The trade was a no-brainer for the 49ers, obviously.

For the Chiefs, this will only work if Reid changes his ways a bit. He'll have to use the running game more than he has in the past, and stop throwing deep as much. Smith can be very good if he sticks with a more traditional west coast offense than Reid normally runs.

11. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

"great receiving core OR pass protection". I remember Todd Pinkston and Fred-Ex. The eagles thrived despite those guys.

12. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

That was mostly their defense.

13. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, i'm not sure what spiman is smoking but the majority of the chiefs fans here in k.c. didn't want a retread qb .......... they wanted to draft and develop one. and even most of the ones that are happy about having alex smith on their team think the chiefs gave up way too much.

there are very few chiefs fans here that are happy about having alex smith as their new qb and that also think they got him at a fair price ..............

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I feel sorry for Bowe, we all know he won't get any long balls down the field in 2013...get out of KC Dwayne...lol

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Having a weak QB draft coming up didn't hurt...hehehehehe

16. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Isn't Bowe's contract up this year? This may have been the death knell for him resigning. And also I do think the weak draftees had something to do with this trade. Not comparing these teams at all but Smith was having a winning season when he got benched. Granted the surrounding cast was better but at least he didn't heck up the games. Only time will tell if this is a good move on KC's part. History says no but there is always that one in a million shot.

17. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Yeah if I was Bowe I'd be hightailing it out of KC if they don't tag him.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I dont think the 2 have to be mutually exclusive. In fact, having Alex in there makes the draft/develop thing more likely if anything IMO. Youve got Alex, currently on just a 2 year contract, who is serviceable in the right situation and good enough to get the team by for now, but isn't so good that they couldn't jettison him for "their" guy when he's (ideally) ready in a couple years. They're definitely going to draft "their" guy to develop still, but having Alex lets them do so later and bring him along slowly, rather than throwing him to the wolves under huge pressure to win yesterday and little chance of success. Kind of like Alexes former team did with that one tattoo kid.

19. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

A legitimate NFL QB starter for a second round pick, and potentially (but unlikely, unless he does great) another 2nd rounder. I fail to see where this is a bad trade for Reid and co.

Has everyone forgot that the draft is a complete freaking crapshoot??? And also that there are freaking scrubs in the QB draft class (please don't bring up Geno. Even then, Reid could still take him to groom)?

20. Jihad Joe

Bowe is grossly overrated anyways.

Sent from my HTC Vivid