Vontae Davis Implies Chiefs Tampering With Sean Smith, Then Backtracks Awkwardly

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by SRW, Feb 28, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Former Miami Dolphins cornerback Vontae Davis sent out a tweet yesterday setting off a firestorm when he basically told the world that the Kansas City Chiefs were tampering with Dolphins cornerback Sean Smith, negotiating with him prior to the start of free agency: "I seen my dude Sean Smith last night he said he talking to KC him & B Flowers will makes a good Duo."

The problem with that is, any contact between a team and a player, or a player's representation, prior to the league's defined negotiating period starting March 9, is tampering. Teams can be penalized, including losing draft picks, for tampering. And, despite that every team tampers during the NFL Scouting combine, most teams, agents, and players don't go around advertising it. Unless, of course, it's Davis.

Davis awkwardly backed off the tweet a little while later: "My Twitter was Hack I did not see Sean Smith last night!!"

Source: SBNation.com

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

haha the good old twitter hack lol no hacker would post that makes no sense

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Can someone explain to me what there is to gain by using a Twitter account as a sounding board for every dumb idea?

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i've never understood the whole twitter thing either but i've heard people brag about how many 'followers' they have so i'm assuming it's just an ego thing.