Ravens LB Terrell Suggs Says Every NFL Team Hates The Patriots

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by SRW, Feb 28, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

According to Baltimore Ravens defensive end Terrell Suggs, the hatred for their bitter rivals the New England Patriots extends beyond his locker room.

Suggs says the other teams in the league feel the same way he does. Suggs, who led his team to a Super Bowl title this season, says he doesn’t apologize for telling the Patriots to “have fun in the Pro Bowl.â€

“The NFL is not very big,†Suggs said on WEEI, via ESPN.com. “You think we don’t talk to guys that have played for the New England Patriots, that have been on the New England Patriots that have been like, ‘Oh, it’s been like this. It ain’t just me. Why did Bart Scott say the same thing? You think it’s just us? You think it’s just got something to do with us? No. This is because we have inside information. We know.â€

Suggs says the league took extra steps to protect Patriots quarterback Tom Brady after he suffered a season-ending knee injury in 2008.

“There was the whole invention of the Brady rule,†he said. “Years before, I hit Drew Brees and I accidentally tore his knee up. No rule was made. Of all the quarterbacks in the NFL who got their knees blown out when they got hit – Carson Palmer got his knee blown out — but then one guy got hit and changed the whole rule for the NFL?â€

Source: Sports Illustrated

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's natural. Fans and teams hate success of other teams. So it's natural that a team would hate another team such as the Patriots, the Steelers, the Ravens, the Giants, the Eagles, the Cowboys,… The teams that are consistently winning. There's a lot of hate coming out of Cleveland...:wink:

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

um, it seems to me that there have been and continue to be a lot of veterans that want to play in new england so apparently there isn't that much hatred

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Hate Suggs and the disease birds more

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Disease Birds. Lol...

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Suggs is such a jackbutt.

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Teams hate the Cowboys now? Is it hate coming from the other teams, or laughter?

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

There's some hate there...but not like in the 90's...

9. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

cowboys? they haven't consistently won since the '90s. As suggested, I think the Cowboys are a laughingstock. Teams probably did resent them back in the days of the Triplets, though. Also SF.

as for New England, I think the hate is for more than just success

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

And people hated them with a passion at that time.

11. yisman

I think you'd find that more hate the Patriots than the Giants, though, and the Giants have won two Super Bowls since the Patriots won their last one 9 years ago.

So it's a mixture. Fans do tend to be jealous of teams doing very well, but some teams are more "hateable" for a variety of reasons.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm not debating who is hated more. I'm saying that when teams win, they wind up being hated more than the norm. The Cowboys still have their fair share of haters some of which spawned from the 90's. no one hated the patriots until they started winning with Belichick and Brady.

13. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Of those who hate NE, do they hate the overall team, or is it a hatred of Tom, or Bill, or both?

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

If be guessing Tom, Bill, Spygate, Team in that order...

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm not find of the Patriots as a while but I respect Brady, I like Belichick.

16. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I respect what the Patriots do, but was sure glad when the Niners beat them in their house last year. Hope we get to see the Ravens in the SB again next year, odds are heavily against that occurring based on history

17. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Time to rewrite history then. Your team is certainly capable of returning. Maybe the Ravens can also. But I hope my team has a say in all of this.

18. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Suggs is such a douchebag. I guarantee that no one on the Patriots gives any craps what he thinks. He's a moron.

19. yisman

I already said that's the case.

My point is the Patriots are hated more than teams that simply win. Not all the hate is jealousy. Again, I'm pretty sure they're the most disliked team in the NFL and they haven't won a Super Bowl in nine years.

So while some of it is jealousy of their success, a lot is for other things...

20. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I absolutely loved Suggs when he was at Arizona State and hoped he'd be the Cards' pick. But now that he's in Baltimore and finally has his ring, I just wish he'd shut his freaking mouth. I'm guessin' a poll would show Suggs to be hated more than the Patriots.