Several Teams Worried What Big Money Would Do To Bengals OT Andre Smith

Discussion in 'Cincinnati Bengals' started by SRW, Mar 4, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Andre Smith wants money in the neighborhood of $9 million per season, though some teams would be extremely hesitant to give the starting right tackle that kind of money.

Peter King with Sports Illustrated writes that he spoke with "several teams scared of Smith."

They remember his weight problems early in his Cincinnati tenure, and they fear what a big signing bonus would do to his desire.

Though Bengals fans may idly wonder why teams would be that concerned after a pair of productive seasons since 2011, outside perspective clearly identifies Smith's opening two seasons as a significant factor when weighing options with him. The questionable workout habits, weight issues and injuries changed over time to a focused determination, becoming one of the game's best run blocking right tackles.

Source: SBNation.com

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

hes actually one of the best pass blocking RTs, and his run blocking is pretty studly too....people look past his pass blocking skills just because hes a fatass

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I look at Haynesworth when I see Smith. Not the headcase but the laziness and lethargy with getting paid.

4. K Train

yeah definitely.

Are they letting him walk or trying to resign him?

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I say let him see his worth, because it isn't 9 million. When he finds out he isn't worth that then make him an offer, just like the Dolphins did with Soliai.

6. K Train

he'd be worth 9 mil if he was playing LT, which he still could do. Manchild alabama Andre Smith was a beast LT prospect, but 350 pound mantits Andre Smith looks like a guard that its a miracle he can still play on the outside at RT.

He was slotted for RT from day for them though, the did the exact same thing with willie anderson and kept him on the right from day one

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Big money = big dinners.

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

That's a LOT of buffets, and I mean A LOT! I would know......:icon_redface: