Dolphins CB Sean Smith, FS Chris Clemons Become Unrestricted Free Agents

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by SRW, Mar 9, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

According to league sources starting cornerback Sean Smith and starting free safety Chris Clemons will become unrestricted free agents at midnight, and it appears the odds of both returning to Miami are declining.

Smith, the Dolphins' starter the past four seasons, is viewed as one of the top cornerbacks on the free agent market.

Smith's size (6-foot-3), press coverage skills and durability should entice teams looking to upgrade their boundary cornerback spot. He'll compete with Detroit's Chris Houston, Carolina's Chris Gamble, Philadephia's Dominique Rodgers- Cromartie, Atlanta's Brent Grimes, Jacksonville's Derrick Cox, New England's Aqib Talib, Pittsburgh's Keenan Lewis, Tampa Bay's E.J. Biggers and Baltimore's Cary Williams for his share of the free agent cornerback market.

Source: Sun Sentinel

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I'd love Smith back at a hometown discount, but he is sooooo inconsistent.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Another CB out there. It's kind of surprising so many teams are releasing their CBs or letting them walk with how pass happy the league is anymore.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I follow Omar Kelly, a writer for the sun sentinel, basically it's the market evening itself out because teams have been over paying the position for years.

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Follow him? If he ever posts something newsworthy, help a brother out and post it up! :icon_cheesygrin:

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Lol I'll be on the lookout for sure bossman.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, it will be interesting to see what type of contracts these guys get. i have said it seemed like CB's were getting overpaid for quite a while. maybe enough teams have been burned enough that they are getting wiser.