Steelers WR Mike Wallace Expecting Over $13 Million Per Season

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by SRW, Mar 10, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

A National Football Post report says "those who should know" are speculating wide receiver Mike Wallace will get a contract on average of more than $13 million a season.

Nearly one year ago, a report indicated Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace wanted "Larry Fitzgerald money."

Now, a report by Dan Pompei of National Football Post and the Chicago Tribune suggests that may actually happen.

According to Pompei, "Those who should know speculate his new deal will average more than $13 million per season." Fitzgerald averages just north of $14 million per season while never having hit the free agency market. It appears now the market is hot and heavy over Wallace, and the resulting bidding war could get him to the point many laughed at during this time last year.

Source: SBNation.com

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2013
  2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

god **mn. No thanks.

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

lmao....

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Lol I like the dude and I dont think he's worth half that.

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

That I could deal with. This is just ridiculous how over inflated the market is becoming for some of these guys.

6. diesel

diesel HERE COMES THE BOOM!!!

....yeah ok...good luck with that.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, the price for receivers is very high right now but wallace is still probably only worth about $10 mill/yr.............. maybe someone will pay $13 though.

8. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Even if his production isn't going to be worth 10M, his speed will make defenses respect him each and every play, probably creating many more options for an offense. To me, that's one of his biggest draws, you can never not pay attention to the guy.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like Wallace. I liked him a lot up until he was horrible last season. I still like the guy and would take him on the Steelers in a second...not even close to that amount though. Maybe $8M for 5 years...but I'm not shelling out $13M a year...lol.

10. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

lol 13m, easy now buddy.

11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

That's about my exact feelings on this. Wouldn't mind him back for that price, but I don't see it happening at this point.

12. SRW

This guy wants top dollar like if he's up there with the top five receivers. Did he forget what type of season he just had?

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Obviously...

But to his credit, I'd ask for the same...hell, I'd ask for it now...doesn't mean I'm worth it or gonna get it...lol.

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I dont disagree at all, but to me thats still not worth 10 mil. You dont pay elite money to a decoy/deep threat. He's not a guy who's going to take over a game.

15. SRW

I'm with Walnuts on this one. You want that kind of money you better be putting up lights out numbers.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Thing is...he still might get it...lol.

17. SRW

Some desperate team will overpay and will pay for it down the road.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

So true...

19. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Just as long as it's not the pats. That price tag is ridiculous.

20. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I hope he doesn't get it. Dez will probably get extended during the season and I would to see his price tag if Wallace gets that

Sent from my HTC Vivid