Eagles Will Target Free Agent WR Danny Amendola

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Mar 11, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Geoff Mosher of CSNPhilly is reporting that the Eagles will pursue WR Danny Amendola when the NFL's free agency period starts on Tuesday. This comes on the heels of a similar report from Peter King last week.

Amendola spent the early part of the 2009 season on the Eagles practice squad, but was signed away by the St. Louis Rams that year. In 2010, he became the favorite target of Sam Bradford and would set a career high with 83 receptions and lead the NFL with 2,364 all purpose yards.

At 5-11, 188 pounds Amendola draws a lot of comparisons to another Texas Tech WR, Wes Welker and they do share things in common.

Source: SBNation.com

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, i'm sure the eagles are going to be hesitant to bring in more over-priced free agents at this point. they should be focusing on the draft.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

They have a ton of money that must be spent

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

He would be a good complement to Jackson and Maclin if he stays healthy. He catches everything that comes his way, and he's a white receiver so you can't help but to root for him.

5. CaptainStubing

well, yes, the salary floor kicks in this year but it's actually calculated in 4 year sections so the eagles don't absolutely have to spend a crapload of money this year and the money the eagles are carrying over for extra cap room each year doesn't factor into this.

In fact, 89% of the 2013 cap figure for minimum cash spending would be $110 mill. i think the eagles already have about $90 mill committed in cash spending so just a couple of signing bonuses and they'll be there.

But they don't absolutely have to spend $110 mill in cash this season. they just have to average 89% over a 4 year period. And, by that time, if they focus on building through the draft and retaining their own right players, it will easily be spent.

Again, i'm a little surprised that the eagles are dipping into the over-priced free agent market after being burned so many times but it's not my problem i suppose.

6. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

No thanks. WR is set. Need OL, DL, LB, DB(including safety). Mostly D, not O.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

The eagles will be tied to tons of fa names but wr would seem to be way down the list of need.

8. CaptainStubing

tim mcmanus just tweeted the eagles are one team harrison is considering. they could definitely use pass rush help.

9. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I would love to have him

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

A bit off topic but yeah he would help considering the switch to the 3/4.

11. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

we had danny amendola already and we cut him lol

12. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Definitely not a big need.

13. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Dave Spadaro(the anti Howard Eskin) said that this was a bunch if garbage from the beginning and was something a blogger spat out that the media ran with. He said to expect a lot more.

14. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

The Eagles could use his pluck determination, his drive to succeed in the face of seemingly overwhelming obstacles, his winatude, his love of home and country, and his 8 yards a catch

Sent from my HTC Vivid

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Dont forget his grit.

16. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Grit is always implied when speaking of Amendola

Sent from my HTC Vivid

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

Eskin= a self serving, reports bad info given to him douchebag

Spadaro= a self serving, purposely puts out misinformation given to him by the team douchebag

Either way both are horrible sources.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Add that to the list...Ravens, Browns, Saints, Cards, now Eagles...basically 31 teams...

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

30. We are chock full of grit at the moment.

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

U filled that with boldin.