Tecmo Bowl To Return?(!)

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by indysteve1563, May 15, 2007.

1. If you are a certain type of male in a certain age range from about 24-32, this is the most exciting thing you can possibly conceive of: 7:23: Seriously, Tecmo Bowl? People at the press conference cheer. Mr. Inaga, Vice President of Tecmo Inc, takes the stage. Inada takes the stage and jokes that the title of the game wasn't supposed to have been revealed until the end. "Just pretend like you don't know that it says Tecmo Bowl here" (pointing to the logo on the screen) "Instead of telling you about it, we're going to show you a video that is very memorable." The video begins. The video shows Tecmo employees (including Inada himself) playing SNES Tecmo Bowl. Jumps to a trailer for the full game. Set for release in 2008. But, no footage of the game itself ... just a logo.

Source: Brian Cook, ProFootballTalk.com

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no, its on...

Super Tecmo Bowl, best football game EVER, hands down...

Do I have to say Bo? (who had better be available to play with on the new version)

Can't wait!!!

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

TecmoBo rules all!

But there are so many other Tecmo legends.....QB Eagles (aka Randall Cunningham), Christian Okoye, David Fulcher, Wayne Haddix....I can go on and on.

I wonder what console it will come out for and how they will make this work since Madden has taken over the exclusive NFL license and sell us the same game year after year.

4. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

O heck the return of the king of football games mother heckers

5. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

what's the big deal...
    I think I only played it twice with my son on our Wii.

Tecmo Bowl's time has passed.
    Give me Madden, or Give me death!

6. SRW

Bite your tongue!

Madden is around because of Tecmo. Tecmo paved the way.

BTW....if there are any big Tecmo fans you should check out knobbe.org. Great site dedicated to Tecmo Super Bowl where you can download and play the original game on your PC, play Tecmo Games with updated rosters, find online leagues, etc.

7. Blu N Houston

Hey..I know what your saying steve, but It's time has passed.
    I put Tecmo bowl right up there with the electric football game that vibrated.
    Those two should be in the football HOF..and locked up never to return.

8. SRW

Tecmo Legends:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrHtFNqm1Yc"]YouTube - Tecmo Super Bowl: Legends of the Game[/ame]

9. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

Tecmo bowl rocks! This is awesome.

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

For Wii owners: The original Tecmo Bowl has been available for the Virtual Console for weeks now. It only costs 5 bucks or something.

11. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I've never played this game but I tend to agree with Blu, there. Those great games belong to the past.
    Sometimes I play the first Madden game (the one with only 16 cities) via a megadrive (sorry, sega genesis) emulator and it's kinda fun for 5 minutes but after that, it's getting boring.
    That kind of games should remain memories. Great memories but still just that.

12. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

13. SRW

Check out knobbe.org and you'll find a bunch of updated games. I recommend the official release by the site's admin "Rod Woodson". While you are there, feel free to check out some of the games I edited. They are in the downloads section under "SBlueman's Roms".

14. nastynate184

don't forget about the green electronic game with the little red guys for players... that crap rocked too

[​IMG]

15. nastynate184

i disagree i can play orginal techno for hours

16. Blu N Houston

I bet you could on some X.

17. happ

happ PECAVI

Tecmo Bowl owns Madden. I am ashamed the amount of time I spent during high school playing that game with my friends.

18. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i played it but not very much...............i played joe montana's football alot more

19. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

I always play (yes, I still play it) with Miami and Houston. Explains why I pass so much on Madden. ;)

20. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut...omg I can't tell you how many of those I heard in my sleep till the wee hours of the morning...SRW care to comment???[smilie=banghead.gi: [smilie=faintthud.g: