Aaron Rodgers Getting Close To Mega Deal With Packers

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Mar 21, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers could be on the verge of becoming the highest-paid player in NFL history, according to a published report.

A new contract, possibly worth $23 million per year, might be in place before next month's draft, Pro Football Talk reported.

PFT cited an unidentified league source with knowledge of the situation.

The Baltimore Ravens recently signed Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco to a record $120.6 million deal over six years. Flacco's annual salary of $20.1 million surpassed similar deals with Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

Source: Sporting News

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  2. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

23 mill a year damnnnn

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

All of a sudden that video if him sitting in the back room on draft day looking like a chump are long forgotten.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good for him!

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Yep, if flacco Is worith $20 mill, then Rodgers is easily worth $23

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Easily. If Flacco is $20, I'd say Ben was $23 and Rodgers $28...so in my book, the Packers are getting a steal!!

7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

He unlike flacco deserves a mega deal. Flacco to me is not even in superstar catagory to me hes just good......sometimes

8. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Flacco has the same number of rings and is better in the playoffs. That's all they care about.

Going strictly by stats and regular season performance, if Flacco is worth 20 million, Rodgers is worth at least 40 million. But that's not what people get paid for.

9. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Totally agree with last two posters. Wonder what Flacco would of made if he had lost in the championship game. Because in my opinion hes a tier 2 qb being paid like a tier 1.

10. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

It's all about Postseason

Romo is a better game by game QB then Flacco, and it may not even be close. But he is going to get significantly less then Flacco because is a much better big game QB. That's what matters

Sent from my HTC Vivid

11. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Good lord.....28m a year...

12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

is it that crazy? there are baseball players making that much and the nfl has a lot more revenue to work with.

13. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

It is that crazy, these athlete contracts are getting absolutely out of hand. Anyone else see the irony that as this game gets more and more pussified the players are getting paid more and more.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  14. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

:word:

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

[MENTION=1397]n1gbpackfan[/MENTION] - where'd you come from!! Welcome back!

16. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Thanks Ward!! :icon_redface:

17. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Baseball doesnt have 53 man rosters.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Nor a salary cap.