Help Wanted - Forum Moderators Needed On GridironFans.com

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, Mar 29, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[​IMG]

GridironFans.com is looking for a few good members who enjoy the site and want to help it grow. We have openings in our moderator lineup after we recently lost [MENTION=2081]127[/MENTION] on our staff and have had to 'reshuffle the deck' in his absence.

[MENTION=2081]127[/MENTION] was a key member of the site's staff and his work both behind the scenes and on the forums will be missed. His loss however opens an opportunity for the site to regroup and reorganize. I am looking to build a team of moderators in each section of the site who will work together to keep the forums going. We have the current openings on our staff's roster:

NFL Forums
    Two Open Spots

NCAA Forums
    One Open Spot

Outside The Lines Forums
    One Open Spot

We're looking for volunteers to become moderators who could help us with the following activities:

• Help welcome new members to the site and make sure any questions they have get answered
    • Keep their forums active with new relevant content and adding to active conversations
    • Alert the admins to any technical issues so we can make sure they get addressed promptly
    • Help us moderate any disputes on the site and make sure the forum rules are enforced fairly and consistently

I also want to reassure everyone that we're not trying to over-moderate the forums. In general, we've had a fairly light touch when it comes to moderating the forums, and we want it to stay that way. We try to create a fairly open and free environment on the forums as long as members stay within the relatively minimal set of forum rules we've created. That will remain the case once the mods are in place.

If you're interested in volunteering, we'd love to hear from you. Please let me know by sending me a message on the site or replying to this thread.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  2. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

I might be down. I'm on here a lot, think I could probably bring some more peeps on here.

3. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

Once my little girl gets on a consistent schedule I would consider applying.

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I really wish I could help out, I just don't have the time. I'm literally the only reporter at my newspaper right now.

5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I could help out for sure, I'm on here all the time.

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

i need to get my own internet before I do this. but when I do then I can do it. I have no life to speak of.

7. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

i would help out boss but at the moment i am working 52 1/2 hours a week and when im not working i plan on getting lost in the mmo defiance

8. DCoach_R

DCoach_R Special Teamer

I would love to help out sir. I just picked up Moderator on TSU as well. And I helped put together and was Administrator for awhile on a forum called NewGenerations, but that is since locked down. I'm another Moderator on the number one Star Wars Forum also. Sorry if it was brags a little. I have been trying to get on things like this for awhile now. If you already have you Mods, then thanks for asking. IF you need any others to help out in the future, I'll be here. :D

I am an IT Major in College too. Currently in my third year and I have a 3.95GPA. Studying Dreamweaver and X/HTML as we speak (in finals week.)

9. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Encouraging so far.

10. SeanTaylor21

I don't have any fancy skills like Coach....But I am a biology major in college and hold a 3.8 GPA :D.

11. DCoach_R

DCoach_R Special Teamer

That's a fancy feet right there bro, especially for Biology. Awesome Job.

BTW: Thanks for the comment bro. :)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  12. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

lol are people now going to start sending in resumes?

Anyways I'd love to help but I don't have the time for it. Not that it matters since it looks like several people are willing and able to fulfill the positions available.

13. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

well my gpa on e-thuging is 3.5

14. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

crap. In real life you have to have a college education to get a job nowadays and now you have to have a college education to be a mod? :icon_cool: Sorry, quit school in the 11th grade to help support my family after my dad split.

15. DCoach_R

DCoach_R Special Teamer

No guys, Sry if I put that. It's a habit that I have to get rid of.

E-thugging @ 3.5GPA? Pretty rad dude.

And bro, taking care of your family is not something to be sad about. If you had to stop to help, props to you.

16. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Damn, you were definitely my pick, too bad for GIF that you don't have the time...I'm bummed!

17. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

No need for a college ed. to mod...common sense, a willingness to help the site grow and help members is all you need....

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Welp looks like Im out of the running then.

19. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[MENTION=1547]mtzninersfan[/MENTION], [MENTION=1656]SeanTaylor21[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4113]DCoach_R[/MENTION], thank you for your interest in stepping up to help. We have openings in these forums:

NFL Forums
    Two Open Spots

NCAA Forums
    One Open Spot

Outside The Lines Forums
    One Open Spot

We are looking for members who will bring new, relevant content to their section, help promote the site, keep members engaged and enforce the site rules. This will require working together with the rest of the mod team and visiting on a daily basis.

If you are indeed willing to step up, what we usually do is any new moderators will then be given a 30-day trial period. Once this trial period ends the established roster will vote. A majority vote will grant you a permanent role. Please know however that the effort shown in the 30-day trial will more than likely be the effort required as a moderator all the time. This will give you an idea if this is something you really are willing to commit to.

So with that said, what spots are people interested if they want to proceed? And if there are any other members open and willing to help, please feel free to let us know. I would like to build up a 'cue' in case the first wave of moderators don't end up on the permanent roster.

20. SeanTaylor21

I would be open for the NFL spot or the Outside the lines spot, it doesn't really matter to me I would be for the NCAA as well but I don't really delve into college sports enough to know what I'm talking about. Would being a moderator in the NFL forum require posting NFL news, I am just wondering so I can get some of my favorite websites bookmarked.