Yankees Robinson Cano Switching Agents From Scott Boras To Jay Z

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Sportsguy, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

New York Yankees second baseman Robinson Cano, who is in the final season of a $57 million contract, has left agent Scott Boras to sign with a company founded by Jay-Z.

Roc Nation, an entertainment company founded by Shawn Carter, also known as Jay-Z, announced Tuesday that it is getting into the sports representation business through a partnership with Creative Artists Agency (CAA). This arm of CAA will be known as Roc Nation Sports, which simultaneously announced that its first sports client is Cano.

Cano, who is making $15 million this season, will be represented in baseball matters by CAA Sports' Brodie Van Wagenen.

"At this point in my career, I am ready to take a more active role in my endeavors on and off the field," Cano said in a statement. "I am confident that the pairing of Roc Nation Sports and CAA Sports will be essential in helping me accomplish my short- and long-term goals. I am making this important decision now so I can keep my focus on helping the Yankees succeed in 2013, while minimizing any distractions for me and my teammates."

Source: ESPN New York

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

a rapper as a agent just sounds bad

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Less of an butthole than Boras

4. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I read an article about this and basically what it said was that Jay-Z will not be negotiating on any of his client's behalves, he is just using his name to get more clients to sign with his company, and more money for himself.

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Didn't Master P try this already

Sent from my HTC Vivid

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

victor cruz is now the first nfl player to sign with jay-Z

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Schefter tweeted that if jay z or his people had any contact with Cruz prior to him signing it's a violation.