Eagles Host Oklahoma OT Lane Johnson For A Pre-Draft Visit

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Apr 6, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Eagles worked out Oklahoma tackle Lane Johnson today at an undisclosed location, an NFL source said.

While the Eagles have been bringing in most of the top-rated prospects to the NovaCare Complex for visits, Johnson is getting a late-in-the-process workout from the team. He is considered the third best tackle in the draft, according to many analysts -- behind Texas A&M's Luke Joeckel and Central Michigan's Eric Fisher -- but he could fit into Chip Kelly's scheme more than the other two.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I don't get why these things are reported by the media. Friend who works in the Vikings front office(secretary, not anything cool) says that teams talk to dozens of potential draft picks. Teams need to do their due diligence.

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Some teams the visits are very relevant. Others use them for disinformation. While others its killing time

Cowboys fans follow them closly because almost all of our #1s and well over half of our drafties are guys that visited

Sent from my HTC Vivid

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Well yeah. You're not going to draft a guy you haven't met with. But teams will talk to 30-40 players and maybe 20 will visit. I just think it's funny how the media is like OMG ROGER GRIFFITH THE THURD VIZITED DA BARES!!!! It happens, sure, but is there NOTHING else they can report on?