Giants Have Not Ruled Out Re-Signing RB Brandon Jacobs

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Sweets, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Giants have not ruled out the re-signing of Brandon Jacobs, their one-time bruising running back, Anthony Sulla-Heffinger and Paul Schwartz of the New York Post reports. This according to someone with knowledge of the situation.

This does not mean Jacobs — who spent a wasted 2012 season with the 49ers — is on his way back to the team that drafted him in 2005.

There have not been any formal discussions between the Giants and Jacobs and at this point he remains a not-very-hot commodity on the open market as the leftover players in free agency try to find teams to employ them.

“He’d love to return to New York, obviously,’’ the source said.

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  2. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

I never understood what he was looking for when he signed with us. He obviously wasn't going to be the featured back and he should've known from his Giants days that if one of our young guys outperformed him he'd be buried in the depth chart. So that leaves... either shutting the eff up hoping he'd get one more chance, or whine your way out of the team. I'm glad he took it with a mature mindset.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I'm still of the opinion that they weren't convinced Gore was going to hold up for a whole season (rightfully so at the time), and wanted a legit banger to roll with Hunter and James in that eventuality. He was probably told he'd have first crack at a "starting" job if Gore went down or suddenly started showing his age, and I'd assume that by the time he was signed, that was the best offer he had. As it turned out, he was never needed, and he got all teenage girly about it.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, he's such a mature, stable person, so of course they would re-sign him

5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Screw him re-sign Nicks.