49ers' receiver roulette finally over?

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by indysteve1563, May 16, 2007.

1. Since Terrell Owens left San Francisco a lifetime ago (was it really only three years ago?), the 49ers have had one of the NFL's least-accomplished groups of washouts, er, wideouts. But the 49ers hope they have snared some players who might change all of that. From Curtis Conway to Johnnie Morton to Brandon Lloyd to Cedrick Wilson to Arnaz Battle to Antonio Bryant, the 49ers have cycled through guys who were washed up (Conway and Morton) or problematic (Lloyd and Bryant) or just not cut out to be starters (we won't even talk about inexplicable first-round bust Rashaun Woods).

Source: Chris Cluff, realfootball365.com

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

We can only hope that the 49ers have no where else to go but UP.

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

where isa antonio bryant now

4. Fighting a traffic infraction in the SF area....San Mateo I think.

5. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

He pleaded no contest to that charge....

Also Lelie is not a step up from Bryant..Jackson is..but Lelie might as well be Bryant....

6. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

I agree, Lelie and Bryant are the same type of WR. I like our group this year. Bye bye Gimore!

7. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Lelie and Bryant are basically the same.

We've got a lot of competition at WR. Jackson is definitley a step up over Bryant but not Lelie.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I really hope that Lelie surprises us and actually gets a hold of some stick-em and hangs on to the passes thrown to him.

9. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I was disapointed that Bryant didn't "fit" with the 49ers. I expected much more from him. I thought he could have two or three very good seasons with Alex Smith getting better and better.

I don't like Lelie. To me he's another Brandon Lloyd. I hope Battle will kick him out of the starting lineup...

Anyway, if he turns to a great player and makes the 49ers a better team, I'll eat my words and ask for a second. ;)

10. steadypimpin

I thought Bryant would turn out good too. So much that I bought a Bryant jersey last year. :(

11. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I know how you feel. I have 3 49er jerseys, all obsolete (TO, Parrish and J. Peterson). There's a kind of curse on them... So I'll wait before buying a Gore jersey. :D

12. steadypimpin

I bought a pro bowl Gore and a white Gore jersey. I love those.

13. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I didn't like Lelie as our "top" guy, but now that we have Jackson, I think Lelie is perfect as a speed/deep threat to open up the middle and under routes for Jackson/Davis/Battle. I don't see him sticking around long if Hill turns out to be anything, which he should, but for the next couple of years he should do well. I just hope he doesn't have a problem not being the #1 guy, which is why he whined his way out of Denver in the first place. I mean, yeah, he will be the speed threat, but I see him as generally being the #3 option behind Jax and Davis, and the 4th in 3 wideout sets behind those two and Battle. He will be like Bryant last year, not many catches and high YPC, but that's all we really need him for. We needed more from Bryant, and we all know how that turned out.

14. Fricker 4

Fricker 4 Crabtree fall to 10

Just do what i do after buying obsolete jerseys, Save up and just got through nfl.com or one of the other retailers and just get you an Authentic Customized of yourself. You will never leave the 9ers. So in my opinion its worth the dough.

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I have TO jersey myself, and I'll never get rid of it or a couple others I have because when I got them I wanted them and that didn't change because the team got rid of them. Hell I sitll have my Tai Streets jersey [smilie=THUMB03.gif] BTW..Welcome to GIF Fricker...

16. 49er Ninja

49er Ninja Starter

I have high hopes for Jason Hill...I heard Brandon Williams did well in mini camps, we'll see about him, he was disappointing last year.

17. Digitool

Digitool Graphic Artist

our recieving core extends past our WRs though.,.. again we have our TEs and even our backs are good at handling the pbutt... so on offense if we dont run the ball we can still get it into some hands that can get down the field... i'm not worried one bit about it

18. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

Getting DJack was a good move at the least by taking him away from the shehawks... i still wish we would have taken someone decent in the draft, i'm not too sure about that Hill guy even though my fellow 9ers fans seem to like him

19. steadypimpin

Tai Streets, I liked him. I dont regret buying any of my jerseys. I also have a personalized one with my last name on it.

20. Zach49ers

Zach49ers Here 4 sweets's Smutties

haha i bought one the summer before he was gone....

man oh man....

bad timing ay