Ravens Agree To Terms With Ex-Raiders LB Rolando McClain On A One-Year Deal

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by SRW, Apr 10, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that the Ravens have agreed to a contract with ex-Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain. The one-year contract is worth $700,000 with incentives. McClain would be line to step into Ray Lewis' former role.

McClain will be in Baltimore on Friday to take a physical and meet with coach John Harbaugh and general manager Ozzie Newsome, who will speak to McClain about the expectations they have for the former first-round draft pick who flamed out with the Raiders.

McClain cleared waivers Monday and immediately attracted the interest of five NFL teams, receiving three offers on Monday alone.

Source: NFL.com

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

So much for Tomlin-speak...

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

that's a perfect contract for this guy. make him re-establish himself as a legit player.

4. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Bynes, McClellan, etc. arent just gonna lay down because he's in camp. He's probably more physically gifted then them but he's gonna to prove 1. his head is on straight 2. he's willing to buy in to whatever is asked of him. If he does those things i'll have no problems with him playing on first and second down because i think back in a 34 playing behind this front he can be a very good run stuffer. I'll withold any type of excitement until he makes it thru August. I dont think he'll have any margin for error off the field and he better have the right attitude on the practice field and in meetings.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, if a coach can keep his head straight and he matures, he can play in this league for a while.

i think the fact that he accepted a minimum salary indicates that maybe he is at least willing to try to get his crap together.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Rolando McClain was arrested again Sunday evening in his hometown of Decatur.Decatur police confirmed that the former Alabama Crimson Tide All-American has been charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest after an incident at Pines Park.

Eyewitnesses at the scene told WHNT News 19 that police officers had ordered McClain and several other people to leave the park after a large crowd had gathered there. McClain allegedly refused to do so, and began cursing at the officers. Authorities said McClain was eventually handcuffed and taken to the city jail before bonding out a short time later.

Read more @ http://whnt.com/2013/04/21/rolando-mcclain-arrested-again-in-decatur/

8. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

That was quick! LOL!!! He had a chance to possibly make a contending team and fight for playing time and rehab his image but he'd rather just be an butthole. Ah well, he'll be released shortly.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Just plain dumb...