LeSean McCoy Says Eagles Practices Are 'A Freakin' Track Meet'

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Apr 18, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

New Eagles coach Chip Kelly is known for his up tempo offense. After a few practices this week, running back LeSean McCoy feels like he is participating in a track meet, Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News reports.

"We're running so much -- it's like a freakin' track meet, like a relay. We need some extra guys," McCoy said Thursday, after the Eagles wrapped up their first three-day minicamp under new coach Chip Kelly. McCoy was explaining how he thinks there will be plenty of work for himself, Bryce Brown and Chris Polk.

"I've never played in an offense where the tempo was so high," McCoy said. "There's so many plays, so fast ... as soon as you're done, you've got to be ready for the next play."

McCoy estimated there might be 10 seconds between practice reps, with the playcalls relayed by "sign language."

"It's like a no-huddle type of offense, but way faster," he said.

“It lets me, or the backs, kind of pick and choose our holes, and (sets) such a fast pace for the defensive linemen, there’ll be wide-open gaps and seams. I’m looking forward to having a big year ... I feel like the offense we have here fits the players very well; the offensive line can move very well laterally, and it’s the playmakers around it.â€￾

Source: The Redzone

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

All of the players seem to talk about how different Chip's offense is than anything they have experienced before. It's going to be interesting to watch how it translates at the NFL level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

::trying not to get over-excited, especially because this is a 'rebuilding' year::

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I hope we don't see those goobered signs. But either way, win, lose or draw, we'll probably have the most in shape team in the league.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Well Bill Belichick incorporated some of Kelly's offense and ideas into his playbook last year. The Pats ran 1191 plays...second highest in NFL history.

View attachment 51378

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

How many of those teams won the superbowl ? Two ?

7. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out in the NFC East

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

At first glance, nothing sticks out as a Super Bowl winner...lol.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

Yea i think i'm off the saints and i misread on the niners.

Haa the eagles team on this list was under rhodes. And gruden at OC ?

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ray Rhodes...lol.