NFL Execs Say Tim Tebow Will Not Find Team To Sign Him As Quarterback

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Apr 30, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Unless Tim Tebow is willing to change positions, his next NFL job appears likely to be team chaplain.

That was the assessment from multiple executives — both named and unnamed — around the league yesterday after the Jets belatedly waived their celebrated backup quarterback and punt protector after trying in vain for months to trade him.

League sources confirmed that the few teams that contacted the Jets about Tebow were open to trading for him only if he was willing to move to tight end, but Tebow continues to refuse that possibility.

Even the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League — who hold Tebow’s CFL rights — publicly downplayed their interest in adding the former Heisman Trophy winner.

“If he wants to come to Canada he would be in the same situation as the one he was in with New York,†Alouettes GM Jim Popp told TSN yesterday. “He can come here and compete to be the backup to Anthony Calvillo and learn the game, just like Jeff Garcia did [behind Doug Flutie].â€

Despite the 8-5 record Tebow posted as the Broncos’ starting quarterback in his magical 2011 season, his extremely awkward throwing motion — which scouts now think is unfixable at Tebow’s age (25) — in a passing league is the dealbreaker for most teams.

“I have to think he’s radioactive to everybody as a [quarterback],†the source said. “Even if you were thinking about grooming him as a backup, the Jets thing showed he is this huge distraction. There isn’t enough talent there [as a passer] to put up with all that.â€

Source: New York Post

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Calvillo is the real deal up in the CFL...

I like the idea of Team Chaplain...thinking outside of the box there. He's definitely be a better chaplain than QB, RB, TE, H-Back whatever people are trying to grasp at to attach his name to.

3. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

There's no doubt he would be the number one team chaplain on any team in the NFL. If Tebow still thinks he can be a QB in the NFL, talk about self denial. Time to get that Sunday Church Show Tebow....

4. VICK#7

VICK#7 BANNED

The Jets screwed TEBOW ..... BIG TIME

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

apparently an indoor team has offered him a contract ............ hahaha

6. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Is this really a surprise? I can't believe anyone ever really thought he was a good QB...just sayin'...:icon_eek:

7. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Like I said before, Ryan wasn't too keen on Tebow being there in the first place, IMO.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

At the same time though, if Ryan thought Tebow could play QB, do you think he would keep him on the bench and go 6-10 instead of maybe letting him play and go 9-7, 10-6? This was a coach that, at the time, was coaching for his job...

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

The jets are such a mess. Its hard to say what they were thinking.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's true...and I do get the feeling that Rex pretty much threw Tannenbum under the bus all alone when in reality, he should've been fired too...

11. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

TBH, past midseason I would've thrown him in and say "what the hell, I'm fired anyway", and let him work his magic or whatever mighty powers he has. :icon_eek:

12. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Its very strange that they fired the GM, kept him, and then gutted the team around him as well. Its like a top to bottom housecleaning except for oops they forgot that spot. They can't seriously expect him to succeed with that roster, and if he doesnt you know hes done this year...this is clearly going to be a multi year project so why not bring in a new guy ASAP who can bring the team along long-term, not roll with a guy you have to know that you're pretty much certainly going to be firing at some point in the next 12 months anyway. Thats some bassackwards thinking, man.

13. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

Not to mention players don't respond to a lame duck coach.

14. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

toolbows out of the league and prob has more money and opportunity in crazy religious only channels

rex ryan is the biggest lame duck coach there is right now

15. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

He can join Sanchez at the Mc Donalds burger flippin' team