Jaguars Owner Shad Khan "Fascinated'' By All The Tim Tebow Questions

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by SRW, May 7, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Jaguars owner Shad Khan said Tuesday at the NFL Career Development Symposium in Philadelphia that he is "fascinated'' by all the Tim Tebow talk swirling around the Jaguars, Vito Stellino of the Florida Times-Union reports.

"We're looking for the best players obviously for us that help us win. How many players are in the NFL? I would assume it's 90 X 32 at this point, right? So, ballpark about 3,000 players, correct? Why one player?...Why do you ask about one player? What about the other 2,999. Because I am fascinated with that,'' Khan said according to the New York Daily News.

One reason is that Tebow is a Jacksonville native who played at Florida and has a large following in the Jacksonville area.

He also indicated that he is letting general manager David Caldwell decide whether to bring in Tebow and Caldwell said when he was hired that he couldn't imagine a scenario in which Tebow would be signed by the Jaguars. And a Khan spokesman said when Tebow was cut by the New York Jets last week that he is not in the Jaguars plans.

On Caldwell and head coach Gus Bradley making the decisions, Khan said, "To me, it was like I got to get the most competent guys -- general manager, head coach. Then I want to empower them and give them the resources. This is the NFL. You've got to hold them accountable. I don't think it is right for me to go out and say -- forget about a specific player -- which of the 3000 players in the league they ought to have and not have. So it's for them to decide.''

Source: The Redzone

2. IX 7 III

IX 7 III Rookie

He'll end up in Jacksonville as a FB or a bench warmer to sell tix. If they go the QB route, it would be because of an injury.

Love Tebows attitude and athleticism, but he's not an NFL QB. Someone here said it best...why kill your career trying to be something you're not when you can salvage it n be something else. Something like that.

Anyways, it sounds like Khan is much too intrigued with Tebows celebrity to pass it up. Expect him to be signed n his Jersey to fly off the racks. Khan has Woody Johnson eyes...cha-ching!

...and i fade back to black.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

if they do bring in Tebow they have to start him immediately because no quarterback would be good enough for the fans down there if Tebow was on the bench.

having said that Tebow couldn't do much worse than the quarterback play they've had the last several years and he would sell a lot of extra tickets so why not?

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Chad Henne >>>>> Tim Tebow

5. IX 7 III

IX 7 III Rookie

Captain, if they do that they'll be giving in to the fan base and not trusting their coaching staff. Then the circus would roll thru.

Ward, i agree, but like captain said...they haven't had much luck at QB. And if they want asses in those seats, they would be smart to start the season with tebow and then bench him (if he's bad, of course).

In the end, if tebow wants to play in the NFL, the only thing holding him back is himself. Switch positions or improve mechanics.

...and i fade back to black.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Thing is, they have asses in the seats...their attendance numbers aren't terrible at all...they don't sell out basically because they are playing I. A stadium that is "too big" for the NFL in Florida.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

you're partially right. the Jags are drawing better but they actually shrunk the number of seats available in their stadium so their % of attendance in relation to full capacity is in the middle of the league now and is actually better than the Packers and Steelers ............. :jawdrop:

2012 NFL Football Attendance - National Football League - ESPN