Ravens LB Rolando McClain Retires From NFL

Discussion in 'Baltimore Ravens' started by Sweets, May 15, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Baltimore Ravens announced that linebacker Rolando McClain is retiring from the NFL at age 23.

The Ravens placed the inside linebacker and former first-round pick on the reserve/retired list Wednesday afternoon, General Manager Ozzie Newsome announced.

“Rolando let me know that he plans to retire from the NFL,â€￾ Newsome stated. “We have placed him on the Reserve/Retired list.â€￾

McClain signed a one-year contract with the Ravens on April 12, but was arrested just 10 days later in his hometown of Decatur, Ala. It was the latest in a string of off-field problems for McClain since entering the league in 2009 as the eighth-overall pick.

Source: The Redzone

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Phew.. glad there is no chance of him working out in Baltimore.

3. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

This has to be some type of weird science experiment lol, glad we werent counting on him

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i mean, they kinda were lol

Funny how the safest LBs to come out the last 5 or so years have been curry and mcclain....

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

He should room with Titus Young and do a reality show.

I'm glad it didn't work out...

6. CStevenson13

How so? When signed Oz said Mcclain "Had a chance to compete to make our 53 man roster, nothing more" Doesnt sound like a guy your counting on, they took a flier, he would have had to been great on and off the field in camp to make the team and have had a chance to start.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

He was probably gonna be my middle LB on the next madden so from that standpoint yea it kinda sucks lmao

7. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

how many nfl players retire to go on to their next job as an inmate

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

so, what's the over/under on how long it will take before this guy is in prison? 1 year?

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

McClain, not sure, but Screw Y'All will be there in 6 months.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Retiring cause he "thinks" his name is "out if the paper" when he hecks up in a week or retiring to straighten up his act?

11. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Love how "we" all know why he's calling it quits.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

There's a report out there that is saying that this might be a way for the Ravens to say if you stay clean for a season, you can "un-retire" and be a part of our team in 2014...

13. CStevenson13

Well no it's just the Ravens would own his rights if he does unretire, if he does come back he doesnt have any value so im sure they'd just release him and let someone else sign him