Heat SF Lebron James Says Struggles Won't Continue

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Sportsguy, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

LeBron James issued a guarantee Wednesday entering Game 4 of the NBA Finals: Don't expect his series-long struggles to continue against the San Antonio Spurs.

Coming off one of the worst postseason performances of his career in Tuesday's 36-point loss to San Antonio in Game 3, James vowed to be far more aggressive amid suggestions the Spurs have knocked him off his game.

James missed 14-of-21 shots and didn't attempt a free throw for only the second time in his playoff career as the Heat suffered their worst postseason loss in franchise history, a 113-77 mauling to fall into a 2-1 series hole.

"As dark as it was last night, it can't get no darker than that, especially for me," James said Wednesday before the Heat's practice at the AT&T Center. "So I guarantee I'll be better for tomorrow (Game 4) for sure. I have to do whatever it takes. I mean, 7 for 21 isn't going to cut it. It's impossible for me to go 7 for 21, shoot 33 percent from the field and not have free throws. You have to figure out ways offensively that you can make an impact."

Source: ESPN

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Must win game tonight for the Heat.

3. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

If Parker can't go & James starts forcing the refs to play a bigger part, this Spur momentum can disappear as quickly as it came.

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Heat always win after a loss. This could be ugly.

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Would not be surprised if the heat pummeled them tonight

6. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

So Leflop will be flopping more?

7. Badger

Badger Rookie

Lebron cracks me up sometimes.

8. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

9. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Lebron is not better than Jordan. Mark Silverman put it best yesterday on waddle and Silvy. He basically said, "How many times did you wonder what was wrong with Michael because he only had 4 points late in the 3rd quarter of an NBA finals game? Zero. Never happened."

Jordan averaged like 35 points in the finals, never scored less than 22 in a finals game. Lebron has never scored more than 32 in a finals game, and has failed to hit even 22 on consecutive games.

7 out of 18 finals games Lebron has failed to score 20. He averages 21.6 points in the finals.

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Not saying that Lebron is on Jordan's level, but you can't use just points. Lebron has a more rounded game than Jordan did.

11. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I was setting up a gag through a Youtube link but eh.

12. K Train

i think when its said and done lebron will be better, i dont really get why everyone cares so much. Both are/were freakin masters of the game and head and shoulders better than anyone else

13. Badger

Badger Rookie

Because everyone always wants to know who the greatest of all time is. I'd love to see Jordan's Bulls in their prime play Lebron's Heat. I say the Bulls would win by at least 20 points because the Heat are mentally weak but I'd love to see what would happen.

14. K Train

and yet the greatest of all time is never unanimous, even if its close to unanimous (jerry rice)

The heat are "mentally weak" but they are very much alive to repeat as champions, what if they win the next 5? will they still be mentally weak?

15. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Jordan is as near lock for GOAT as you will ever see

Chamberlain is the only player that may have a case. But I would take Jordan easily

Sent from my HTC Vivid

16. Tarkus

Love ya like a brother, Dawk, but James having a more rounded game than MJ is just...well, out there.

:drinks:

Next game will be interesting if Parker gets better & Ginobli can curb his estrogen count. Either way, Miami needs Wade to somehow keep up last game's resurgence. James can't do it alone & Bosh seems to be more consistent with Wade breaking down Ds like he usually does.

17. DawkinsINT

Rebounding, blocking shots.

18. Tarkus

Just 2 categories that that wouldn't sway much but:

MJ: Off- 1.60 Def- 4.70 RPG - 6.20 BPG: .83
    LBJ: Off - 1.2 Def - 6.0 RPG - 8.0 BPG: .8

Close but after those stats, it goes down hill for LBJ.

Still, he's young & undoubtedly the best in the game right now & the key to victory for the Heat most nights.

19. DawkinsINT

I thought LBJ averaged more blocks than that. I'm surprised.

Basically, Jordan was the better scorer and got more steals. LBJ more boards and assists, with blocks being a wash.

Both are good defenders with LBJ having much greater flexibility as far as how many positions he can play.

20. K Train

Mentally weak teams do not respond to losses (especially a brutal beatdown) like the heat do