GridironFans.com Is Looking For NFL Blog Writers For Featured Weekly Columns!

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, Jun 15, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Two spots left. [MENTION=4302]JEMicklos[/MENTION] expressed interest in the NFL Draft Insider column if nobody else wanted it.

2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Test worked

3. SRW

Members who don't have weekly columns can still contribute. We have a member blog section for people to post up their work when they feel so inclined. Sometimes people want to write, but don't want or can't commit to a set schedule. We still want to hear from you, and have a venue just for you too.

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

This intrigues me and I think I could do something when the season starts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

5. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

jesus freaking christ you're killing me with these mentions srw. freaking killing me.

i don't care though, works for me. it's a very odd combination of people but it could work.

6. SRW

Then I go and like his post...which sends him another notification. I really am an butthole.

7. RichLikeWh0a

agreed

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Who in the heck is [MENTION=856]CarlitoBrigante[/MENTION]?

I'd like to throw my name into the hat as backup for [MENTION=968]RichLikeWh0a[/MENTION] (lol sorry bro had to do it) and InsaneBoost. If you guys ever need to take a week off or whatever, shoot me a PM and I'll be your Jim Sorgi.

9. SRW

CarlitoBrigante is the site's coder-for-hire. I sometimes have to call him in for a fee when I can't do what needs to be done behind the scenes.

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Sounds good.

11. RichLikeWh0a

this is why we miss axionjackson

12. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Sorry for the delay in answering just fall asleep but yeah I'm fine with that

13. I'll get to blogging when i have a chance. In the meantime like i said i have been accepted on great network for my show.

But i'll start blogging again soon.

14. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Cool feature, I'll likely continue posting my formula based rankings (usually starts around week 3-4), not really much of writer so I'll stick with the numbers.

I'll look forward to all the new material, especially loved the power rankings done by TJ and Fez last season.

15. SRW

No insight on how you come up with the numbers at all? Sometimes listening to the stat side of things, when explained by someone who know what they are talking about, works wonders. Look at Football Outsiders.

16. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

They do a lot more statistical analysis than I currently do. Maybe that will change in the future (as in individual player analysis and the like) but I don't have any current plans for that. If I end up doing something like that I'll post it and if you guys like it then maybe I can get into something regular.

17. SRW

Or maybe tag team it with someone. Maybe your stats with someone else giving the in's and outs. Just throwing ideas out there, I see so many possible ways members can work together on this.

18. SRW

Just a head's up to [MENTION=522]Mike S.[/MENTION] [MENTION=547]Fez[/MENTION] [MENTION=548]TJ[/MENTION] [MENTION=631]PSID412USM[/MENTION] [MENTION=835]Sl1m3y[/MENTION] [MENTION=968]RichLikeWh0a[/MENTION] [MENTION=3191]nachmany5[/MENTION] [MENTION=3600]Steve12[/MENTION] [MENTION=3616]FantasyKnucklehead[/MENTION] [MENTION=3619]ProScoutDan[/MENTION] [MENTION=4283]InsaneBoost[/MENTION] [MENTION=4302]JEMicklos[/MENTION] (all the current members in the 'Contributors' newsgroup, their usernames are displayed in orange). As contributors you now also have access to post news in the 'Outside The Lines' section of the site. You will see that you now have the ability to add the 'News' thread prefix to a new thread. Also, attaching a 400 x 230 image (recommended size, keeping it the same size or scale will deliver optimum results) will have it display on different areas of the site as well as our site's rss feeds. We will also be rolling out a tag system for the writers where they can catalog their entries, have them displayed along with our other content on various feeds as well as create custom feeds for Contributors to use so they can deliver their posts here to Facebook, Twitter and any other social media or widget that supports RSS.

19. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i'm in the same boat as wallace. can't guaranteee to make a certain deadline each week due to real life commitments but i will most likely still be contributing random writings that come to mind and my statistical rankings periodically.

I like the topics for the regular features and look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with !!

20. InsaneBoost

InsaneBoost Arena Drive Times

I HAVE SPECIAL COLOR!!!!!!!!!!