Chiefs QB Coach Doug Pederson Says Alex Smith Is "Best In The League"

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by Sweets, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Maybe it was the heat, but Chiefs quarterback coach Doug Pederson made some strange and striking statements about quarterback Alex Smith.

“Ultimately, every team has to have a quarterback,â€￾ Pederson said, via the Kansas City Star. “I think we have the best in the league.â€￾

Asked to elaborate, Pederson said the NFL has "a lot of great ones, but over time, Alex has proven he can get it done. He’s a sharp guy, he brings a wealth of knowledge, he’s experienced, he’s a proven winner the last couple of years, and he needs a team to embrace him.â€￾

The Chiefs, who have definitely embraced Smith, would probably be happy if he merely plays like a Top-10 quarterback.

Source: CBSSports

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I'm driving to KC, their pot must be the best in the nation...Doug, what kind of OG are YOU smoking....Northern Lights????

3. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bs4-LtLlc0]You, Yes You, Did Something Stupid - YouTube[/ame]

4. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I'm pulling for Alex. Hope he continues to do well in KC.

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

But come on the "Best in the league"???? Really???? that's laughable...

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

even alex thinks you sound stupid

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yes it is

10. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

hey when you compare Smith the recent QBs in KC he probably does look like the best QB in the league.

11. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I couldn't even make him best in the league in Madden on easy

Sent from my HTC Vivid

12. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Just 35 miles to the west, Lawrence, KS used to be the ganja capitol of the US. Spent a lot of time there, I think. Maybe the interview took place there.

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Oh, boy... @Fez is going to love this one...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini using Tapatalk 4

14. Spiman2u

Spiman2u Chiefs fan no matter what

No its not! Being a card caring member I might know a thing or 2:dirty20:

15. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

generally the only time I watch ESPN anymore is if I'm sitting at a bar and don't have anyone to talk to and it happens to be on. but they actually did something funny the other day with this story.

not only did they obviously determine that he was not the best quarterback in the league, they then talked through and determined he wasn't even the best player in the league named Smith.

finally though they did agree that he was the best player named Alex in the NFL. I thought it was pretty good

16. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

:rollinglaugh: