NFL Classic Games coming to NFL Network!

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, May 8, 2007.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Source: NFL.com [ Full Article ]

NFL Classic games coming to NFL Network
    New series featuring original network broadcasts airs Thursday nights starting May 10

The complete network broadcasts of classic NFL regular season and playoff games are coming to NFL Network -- exclusively.

The first NFL game to be televised came in 1939. Over the seven decades since, more than 12,000 NFL regular-season games, plus an additional 400-plus playoff games have been played.

None have been seen since their live airing -- until now.

This expansive collection -- the greatest untapped library in sports or entertainment -- has nearly 70 years worth of games to choose from and NFL Network will begin to show them.

Following the successful debut of Super Bowl Classics in January, NFL Network takes advantage of this vast library to bring viewers some of the most memorable games from the NFL regular and postseason.

NFL Classics gives fans an opportunity to see these great games again ... or in many cases, for the first time. But viewers beware -- not all games feature the yellow first-down line, constant score boxes or the CableCam vantage point.

NFL Classics debuts Thursday, May 10 at 8 p.m. ET with the Chicago Bears-Arizona Cardinals Monday night clash from last season. Each game features the original announcers and network graphics.

NFL Classics airs throughout the spring on Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET with encore performances Fridays at 4 p.m. ET.

Other classics featured include the New York Jets epic victory over the Miami Dolphins on Monday Night Football in 2000 and the Bills record-setting comeback Wild Card win over the Houston Oilers in 1993.

NFL Network has truly become the year-round home for football fans. Now with NFL Classics to go along with Super Bowl Classics, 100 NFL Replay games during the season (90-minute versions of the five best games from the weekend), plus 52 preseason games, eight primetime regular season games and 31 NFL Europa games, add in a few college bowl games and NFL Network is treating football fans 365 days a year.

Following is the NFL Classics schedule for May:

May 10 at 8 p.m. ET
    Chicago Bears vs. Arizona Cardinals (ESPN, 2006)

Down 20-0 at halftime, the Bears returned two fumbles for touchdowns in the second half and rookie sensation Devin Hester had an 83-yard punt return score as Chicago defeated Arizona 24-23 on Monday Night Football.

May 17 at 8 p.m. ET
    Indianapolis Colts vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (ABC, 2003)

The Buccaneers led 28-7 entering the fourth quarter, but a kickoff-return touchdown and two Peyton Manning touchdown passes sent the game to overtime where Mike Vanderjagt kicked the Colts to a 38-35 victory.

May 24 at 8 p.m. ET
    Miami Dolphins vs. New York Jets (ABC, 2000)

The Jets erased a 23-point deficit behind quarterback Vinny Testaverde, who threw four touchdown passes to lead New York to a 40-37 overtime win.

May 31 at 8 p.m. ET
    Houston Oilers vs. Buffalo Bills (NBC, 1993)

The Bills trailed 35-3 in the second half of the 1993 AFC Wild Card game before executing the greatest comeback in NFL history (32-point deficit in second half) to win 41-38 in overtime.

Kick freaking ass! [smilie=CELE29.gif] [smilie=CELE18.gif] [smilie=cool.gif] [smilie=CLAP03.gif] [smilie=CELE14.gif] [smilie=CELE13.gif] [smilie=FU12.gif] [smilie=hyper.gif] [smilie=omg.gif] [smilie=CELE22.gif]

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

That's awesome. It's about time!! :acool:

3. RetroDan#16

RetroDan#16 Resident Artiste

Damn you lucky Americans and your damned NFL Network! :cry:

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Too bad I don't have time to watch them :(. I should go get one of those TiVO things...

5. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i love you NFL Network

6. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

heck i wish i had dish right about now

7. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I hope some very nice people will make those games available on T.orrent. :oops:

Solidarity with those who don't/can't have access to NFL Network... :salut:

8. SRW

NFL Classic Matchups for June:

June 7th
    June 14th
    June 21st
    June 28th

9. DawkinsINT

Awesome games. I'll have to Tivo these.

10. SRW

I am looking forward to the Oakland New England and Giants vs 49er games the most. I should have taped those and didn't. I even remember a certain 49er fan giving up on them during the playoff game and missing most of the comeback. I won't mention any names though....[smilie=shh.gif]

11. DawkinsINT

I wish those two games were on today. Luckily though I have that Montana-Elway MNF shootout to watch today.

12. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

You lucky b*stards!!

:eek: I hope his name doesn't start with "swe" and finish with "ets".

13. SRW

[smilie=LAUGHY21.gi: [smilie=LAUGHY21.gi: [smilie=LAUGHY21.gi: [smilie=LAUGHY21.gi: [smilie=LAUGHY21.gi: [smilie=LAUGHY21.gi: [smilie=LAUGHY21.gi: [smilie=LAUGHY21.gi: [smilie=LAUGHY21.gi: [smilie=LAUGHY21.gi:

14. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

So disapointed... [smilie=ohboy.gif]

15. SRW

Here is July's lineup of classic re-broadcasts:

Thursday, July 05, 2007
    Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (1/5/03)
    Led by quarterback Tommy Maddox, the Steelers scored 29 points in the final 19 minutes of the 2002 AFC Wild Card game to defeat the Cleveland Browns 36-33. Maddox, the NFL Comeback Player of the Year, passed for 367 yards and three touchdowns.

Thursday, July 12, 2007
    Green Bay Packers v. Oakland Raiders (12/22/03)
    Playing with a heavy heart following the death of his father Irvin, Brett Favre completed 22 of 30 passes for 399 yards and four touchdowns as the Packers dominated the Raiders 41-7 on Monday Night Football. Favre set a Packers record recording a 154.9 quarterback rating in the victory.

Thursday, July 19, 2007
    Oakland Raiders vs. Denver Broncos (11/28/04)
    Broncos kicker Jason Elam's 42-yard field goal attempt late in the fourth quarter was blocked by Langston Walker to preserve a 25-24 victory for the Raiders on a snowy night in Denver. Raiders quarterback Kerry Collins passed for 339 yards and four touchdowns.

Sunday, July 29, 2007
    Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota Vikings (12/1/94)
    Wild OT game between two bitter rivals trying to land a playoff spot and division title. (No NFL Network recap)

16. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Sweet deal!

17. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Charger Fan in The UK

The Greatest comeback in NFL history Rocks:D :D

18. RaiderHater

RaiderHater Guest

Awww what!!!! Damn Sweets! Well crap, I was at that game and saw a crapload of people leave and talking crap on their way out. I looked at my homies and said, "its not looking good". Luckily we stuck it out and saw one of the greatest games I've ever been at. That 49ers vs. Giants playoff game is the reason I never leave a game early.

19. DawkinsINT

I saved the 49ers-Giants game on my Tivo. I'm going to wait and watch it with my 49er fan brother. Hopefully he'll be here tonight.

20. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Charger Fan in The UK

i'd never leave an NFL game early anyway