Free Agent OG Brian Waters Has Contract Offer From Cowboys

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Sweets, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

According to Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com, the Dallas Cowboys have made a contract offer to Waters. And NFL.com's Ian Rapoport passes along word that Waters has had a contract offer from the Cowboys since August 7.

Waters is trying to decide whether the Cowboys offer is enough to make him decide to get off his couch. Waters, who was last with the New England Patriots, sat out the 2012 season.

With nearly a month still left until the regular season, Waters may not be in a hurry to sign anytime soon.

Source: NFL.com

2. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

Well he will be near his family. So he cant complain about that.

3. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

there's no point. there's no way this dude is in shape, 2% chance. i just don't think it's worth it.

4. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Agreed, Rich. But, what are you gonna do? The alternatives out there aren't much better.

5. RichLikeWh0a

stick with what we have.

6. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

Waters could be a decent addition

7. ragman

Mike Fisher of 105.3 The Fan said this morning that something will probably get done around the 17th. That's the day the Cowboys come back to town from Oxnard.

8. ragman

Mike Fisher of 105.3 The Fan said this morning that OL Ron Leary will have his knee scoped tomorrow. He may not be ready for the season opening game against the NYG.

Paging Brian Waters...

9. RichLikeWh0a

no

10. ragman

They need another OL, Rich. Who go you suggest they get?

11. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I say bring in Waters. Even if he loses to Arkin, we need bodys on the inside and someone who could potentially start

I do think Leary should be good week 1. We dont need to see anymore from him anyways. He locked LG down already

Sent from my HTC Vivid

12. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

You have to worry about Leary's degenerative knee condition. He can go at any time. Thats not a knock on the guy just truth.

13. ragman

Agreed.