Edgerrin James: 18th Best Running Back in the NFL?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by indysteve1563, May 27, 2007.

1. Edgerrin James hasn't failed to rush for 1,000 yards or more, something he's done six times in his career, since an injury shortened 2002 season when he ended the year with 989 yards. That remarkable feat didn't stop Fox Sports' Michael Harmon from ranking Edge as the 18th best running back in the NFL. Edge obviously had a down year with the Cardinals last season but that wasn't as much his fault as it was the offensive line. However, both significantly improved over the last eight games of the season and were among the best in the NFC.

Source: Dan Benton, NFL Fanhouse

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Here's the list:

Seeing the list? I think he's right where he should be. He's got a lot of miles on him and he's on a team who's o-line is horrid at run blocking.

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I totally agree with Steve.

4. Did anyone notice Julius Jones was missing from the list? He's better than several of the RB's on that list.

5. happ

happ PECAVI

Westbrook and Parker seem a bit high to me. I would rather have Portis or Deuce as an a full time RB. Though they have been effective starters, on some teams they would be nothing more than a 3rd down back.

6. SRW

Westbrook is too fragile to be that high. I don't know if you can hold it against Parker that he is a part time back though. More and more NFL teams are realizing that a full time bell cow is not the way to go because they wear out their top runners.

7. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Not saying this just cause I'm a Chiefs fan, but Larry Johnson should be second on the list, not third. :p

8. SRW

No love for the other Missouri RB?

9. Horrorshow

Horrorshow Frontier Psychiatrist

Let's not lose sight of the fact that the article relates to fantasy football projections.

This would be my Top Ten FF RB Rankings right now...

LaDainian Tomlinson
    Steven Jackson
    Larry Johnson
    Frank Gore
    Brian Westbrook
    Shaun Alexander
    Willie Parker
    Joseph Addai
    Rudi Johnson
    Laurence Maroney

10. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Oh I think he's good....just not better than LJ. :)