Ex-Patriots QB Tim Tebow Refused To Change Position For Interested NFL Team

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Sep 5, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Tim Tebow, after being cut by the New England Patriots last week, has refused to change positions after a NFL team expressed interest in him, SI’s Peter King reported on NBC’s 2013 NFL Kickoff show.

Tebow wants to “keep the NFL dream aliveâ€￾ and has turned down offers to play in the CFL along with an offer from USA Rugby to change sports, King said. Tebow only wants to play in the NFL and will only return if given the chance to play quarterback.

According to a USA Today source, Tebow isn’t ready to give up on returning to the NFL, retire, or accept any offer to play for the Canadian Football League or Arena Football League.

Source: Sports Illustrated

2. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Well then he's really not that serious about an NFL career...

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

]Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

5. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I made a $20 bet with a buddy of mine because I said that Tebow is DONE as an NFL QB.

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Tebow would be a great tight end or hback,but he will never get a job as a starting qb in the NFL.only reason he started and played in Denver was the simple fact that they had nothing to lose by letting him play.He could start and be successful in Canada.theismann,flutie,moon all had pretty successful careers in and after playing in Canada,tebow should at least give it a whirl up there.
    unless he gets some experience and changes his mechanics,he'll never be given another chance in the nfl.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  8. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I really want to know where people get the idea that tebow would be a good tight end.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Frankly, I don't think he'd be good at FB, H-Back and definitely not TE...IMO, he's just NOT an NFL player.

People get crap in their heads and just assume a player can switch like "that." My favorite story is when they wanted to switch Rich Gannon to CB. He tells the story laughing saying he NEVER played or thought of playing CB, yet at the combine, some GMs and scouts wanted to see him switch...lol

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

watch tebow on tape when he takes off running.say what you will,that dude is hard to bring down.he'd be a great guy to use in certain situations at hb or tight end kinda like kordell stewart was used by the steelers in the 1990s. reminds me a whole lot of larry centers.

11. Steve12

Being hard to tackle doesn't mean you're a shoe in for tight end. He's never played the position. Why would he just switch and be better than people who have been playing and working at that position their whole life.

I can see him as a fullback or situational/gimmick running back, but not tight end.

12. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

From the same guys who thought Devin Hester would be a great WR...

13. markaz

Didn't Tebow tell Rex Ryan he didn't want to have anything to do with the Wildcat scheme?

14. Steve12

Could be. I don't remember the story but obviously he's not opposed to turning down alternative roles.

15. markaz