Vikings DE Jared Allen Says Ndamukong Suh's Illegal Block 'Was Uncalled For'

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by DaBears22, Sep 8, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Ndamukong Suh is dealing with more accusations of dirty play, this time for an illegal block he made that nullified DeAndre Levy’s interception return for a touchdown in the first half of the Lions’ 34-24 win over the Minnesota Vikings today.

“I got to know Suh at the Pro Bowl last year and he’s a good dude,†Vikings defensive end Jared Allen said. “But that’s uncalled for. It really is. This is a fraternity. In the NFL, you try and take care of guys. Granted, things happen and guys are going to make hits and some things are going to be borderline. But you can’t take a dude’s legs out from behind on an interception when he’s running down the field. To me, there’s just no room for that.â€

Suh was called for a personal foul when he dove at Vikings center John Sullivan’s knees as Levy returned a Christian Ponder interception on Minnesota’s opening drive of the second quarter.

Suh said he didn’t intend to hit Sullivan low, and that the two talked about the play at halftime.

“By any means I’m not going for his knees,†Suh said. “He knows that. We had a great conversation running out at halftime. And he understood. My aim was his waist to cut him off.â€

Twice voted the dirtiest player in the league in a Sporting News poll of NFL players, Suh seemed to reign in his penalty problems last year, when he was called for just four penalties and one personal foul.

In 2011, Suh was suspended two games for stomping on the arm of Green Bay Packers offensive lineman Evan Dietrich-Smith, and last Thanksgiving he was fined for a kick to Matt Schaub’s groin.

Source: Detroit Free Press

2. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Vikings keep getting the short end of the cheap shots

3. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Nice way to phrase it, Jared, but you can't make excuses for this guy nor does his BS spin on it change the facts.

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Suh's "Get out of Jail Free" card has been played once too often.

5. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I just actually saw the block Jared Allen was talking about and I 100% agree with him. I don't know what everyone else saw but that looked like a chop block to me.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i watched this whole game and the lions are still the lions. undisciplined and dirty. schwartz keeps talking about playing the game with maturity and respect but they still don't. he's just full of crap and they are one of the teams i do not like in this league.

7. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Wasn't Jim Schwartz the Titans defensive coordinator when Albert Haynesworth stomped on Andre Gurode's face back in 2008? I think the clock is ticking on Schwartz in Detroit.

8. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Agree. The clock started ticking when Stafford signed that ridiculous extension.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

If it weren't for the boat loads of cash they are making, i would feel sorry for Stafford and megatron. They seem to actually play the game with maturity and respect and they're stuck with a bunch of idiots.

But, they could have gone elsewhere if they wanted so they apparently want to be there

10. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Jay Glazer is reporting that sources say NFL is considering $100k fine