Floyd Mayweather Jr. Beats Canelo Alvarez By Majority Decision

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by SRW, Sep 15, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Floyd Mayweather Jr. outclassed the younger Saul “Caneloâ€￾ Alvarez by majority decision Saturday night, out-jabbing, out-working and out-moving the Mexican star.

Judge C.J. Ross questionably scored the bout 114-114, but judge Dave Moretti had it 116-112 for Mayweather Jr. and Canadian judge Craig Metcalfe had it 117-111 for the now 45-0 Mayweather.

Mayweather, 36, repeatedly beat the 23-year-old Alvarez (42-1-1) to take his World Boxing Council and World Boxing Assn. lightmiddleweight belts, saying afterward it was one of his finest performances.

“He’s very elusive,â€￾ Alvarez said. "Very intelligent, frustration was getting in there. He's a great fighter."

Source: Los Angeles Times

2. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

I watched this. pretty boring fight. I can see why the judge scored it a draw. the first 3 rounds were real close. money clearly took the next 4. then like every other round he took off doing almost nothing. 2-3 nice punches on those during those rounds he took off. glad i didnt pay for it and lil wayne sucks

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I watched the fight too, and there is no way anyone should have called it a draw.

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Idiot.

5. MadMoxxiFavGun

do I have to bring up the manny pac and bradley fight? judges are so bad in fights. pac clearly won that fight but yea i didnt say i think it deserved a tie. i had it 8 rounds to 4 money. im not going to act like some hecked up scoring in fights never happen.

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

"I can see why the judge scored it a draw"

7. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

and this judge is responsible for the "manny pac and bradley fight" vote too. further proving crowned's analysis.

8. MadMoxxiFavGun

that proves my point that judges are terrible

9. RichLikeWh0a

your point wasn't initially that judges were terrible..you were agreeing with the judge. just stop.

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

If I'm following correctly, Horrid Screen Name's point is that the horrible judge was a good judge, making him a terrible judge.

11. MadMoxxiFavGun

half the rounds could have went ether way and if you dont think that you are bias

12. RichLikeWh0a

explain, in detail, your thought process in making that statement. please.