Did Jon Jones Deserve The Win?

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by MadMoxxiFavGun, Sep 23, 2013.

?

Did Jon Jones deserve the win?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

Anyone who watched this care to show their opinion? I had Jon Jones winning rounds 2,4, and 5. Some people however feel Alexander won the fight by alot.

2. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I had Jones winning 2,3,4 and 5. And if not for the takedown (which was crazy to see him on his back at all) he would've won the 1st round as well. He out-struck Gus in all the rounds and landed heavier shots. People were excited about Gus because he's the first fighter that pushed JBJ, stuffed 10 of JBJ's takedowns, had great movement, and actually took Jones down!

But people should also recognize that Jones showed resolve to out strike a striker, take a lot of damage and still compete to the end. Also, he was never "in trouble" and Gus was in a very bad place in the 4th and 5th rounds. They were both gassed in the 5th and hurt badly. Both had to go to the hospital, Jones damaged his foot early in the fight (which he didn't even let on during the fight) and they think Gus has a broken jaw. Amazing fight!!

Two UFC Fighters Took A Great Photo In The Hospital After Their Brutal Title Fight - Yahoo Finance

3. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Sounds it was a fight I should have watched.

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I didn't watch it either