Houston Restaurant Offers 'Pick Six' Matt Schaub Burger

Discussion in 'NFL Smack Central' started by DontKnowMe, Oct 3, 2013.

1. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

2. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

that is pretty creative on there part

3. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

He's going to be pretty dialed come Sunday I take it

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, dialed in to throw another late pick 6

5. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Hear they only serve it for 3 hours a week....on Sunday.

6. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

For Sf benefit, I hope so. But if I were him, I'd be pretty pissed about all of the negative crap going on and wanting to quiet all the doubters. They burned his jersey, everyone blaming him for losing, and now these pick-six burgers. Thinking he'll be pretty focused this week.

7. CaptainStubing

eh, i'm not sure schaub has the ability to be a dominant qb that takes over a game when he wants. about the most anyone can expect out of schaub is that he doesn't mess up royally. i wouldn't worry about it too much.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wasn't really the Pick-6 that cost them the game though...lol.

9. CaptainStubing

i've heard a lot of people arguing this and it's still a head-scratcher for me. :scratch: technically, it didn't 'lose' the game, but he absolutely kept them from WINNING it in that situation, which is as good as losing it, right?

the texans were ahead by 7 points, had just intercepted wilson, had the momentum back, the ball in seahawks territory, and a short 3rd and 4 with less than 3 minutes left in the game. LITERALLY all schaub had to do is NOT FREAK UP and the ball game was theirs. WORST CASE, they don't make the 3rd down, pin the seahawks deep with 2 minutes left, and take their chances that their defense can keep them out of the endzone, which were pretty good odds.

it was an absolutely HORRIBLE read and HORRIBLE decision that allowed the seahawks to tie it up. the game was as good as won and schaub kept the seahawks in it so, technically, the throw did not LOSE the game right at that moment but it kept them from winning it, so it's generally the same end result and just as bad.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  10. 86WARD

86WARD -

He helped the Seahawks...A LOT! But it didn't lose the game.

11. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

The second half adjustments certainly went to Seattle's benefit. Wilson was able to start extending plays and Houston's defense wasn't as dominant as the first half. Schaub's interception and Tate's fumble were critical errors that a team can't make when playing a top-tier team. And Seattle's defense really stepped up in the 2nd half as well. So there was more to it, but the interception happened at such a critical time, that it probably really demotivated the team. The same as when Seattle finally got going, you could feel a momentum shift in the game and they progressively played better

12. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Has the Houston player who called Romo "a thief" and "a loser" weighed in on this yet? I think he also said Schaub could take them to the SB.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

But keep in mind, it was named after three straight weeks worth of Pick-6s...not just the Seattle game...lol.

14. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I heard all the lip service about him not being able to audible out of plays by order of Kubiak and the like, but a QB has got to have enough common sense to throw it away or take a sack to avoid exactly what happened.

Schaub has been blessed with a great WR corps and a pretty good RB in Foster. Toss in a D-Line that isn't too bad and the Texans have the makings of a pretty good club. Only real drawback is Schaub. Perhaps the ability (physical and mental) doesn't correlate with the money and the hype? Imagine if he was doing this in Philly!